Yucky

Scarlett's POV:
'How about a sleepover tonight? Hmm? You and Rosie can stay with daddy and I. How's that sound?' I offered. Our lives would be separate again for a bit after tomorrow morning. I don't think she realized that so I wanted ti make it a little easier.

My offer was quick to grab her attention as she nodded furiously. I smiled, kissing her head, but my attention was quickly brought back to the reason I had turned to her as she started squirming again.

'Do you have to go potty, baby? You're squirming around doing the potty dance.' I questioned. She looked at me, hesitating, before nodding.

'Ok, let's go.' I said as I urged her out of the booth so I could get out as well. The moment I stood I found her making grabby hands at me. While I knew it could be her way of getting me to hold her before she ate, I also knew it could just as well be her having to go really bad.

Because I had a fifty percent chance of not having the time to wait, I scooped her up into my arms, her legs hanging fairly stiff as she wrapped her arms around my neck, resting her cheek against mine. We quickly made it to the bathroom, but were stopped by a short line of people. I guess picking a restaurant in a populated area did have its flaws.

As the line moved, while fast, I could feel Carter growing more tense. I knew she was close to an accident, one arm tightening around my neck, as her other hand gripped the top of my shirt. She began to whimper just as we got to the front of the line. I shushed her to calm her down, but she continued.

'Shh, baby. You're ok. We're next. You're gonna make it, my love. You're ok.' I reassured her, 'I'm right here. Mommy's got you. You're ok.'

After Colin and I's conversation last night, we spoke briefly about it this morning in the car while the girls were asleep. He wanted to continue to refer to me as a mother figure for Carter. Something about it being something she desperately needed and he hoped it would help her understand my place in her life.

I knew whether we worked or not, I couldn't leave Carter. For one, I already loved her so much, but for two, Rose would absolutely kill me. Luckily, Colin didn't seem to mind the thought of me remaining a major part of her life no matter the circumstances.

As soon as the stall opened up I rushed in, locking the door behind me and setting Carter down. I helped her pull her bottoms down and get situated, her arms holding onto mine as the toilet was too big for her. She whined a little reaching towards me. I was squatted in front, but slowly moved my upper body a little closer.

I placed my forehead just centimeters away from hers. She wrapped her arms around me, placing her cheek against mine. I could tell what she wanted whether she knew or not.

'Oh, is that what you need right now, lovebug?' I asked receiving no response. She quickly finished her business, wiping when I handed her toilet paper, and I helped her stand so I could pull her bottoms back up. It was a very vulnerable moment, but there was nothing but pure, innocent love. No tension. Just a five year old and her Mama.

I picked her up and carried her to the sink so her could wash her hands, with my help of course. We returned to her seats, as she continued to rest her cheek against mine, with one of her hands gripping the top of my shirt once again. I set her beside after I scooted in. This time she didn't complain.

I rubbed her back, under her shirt, allowing her to melt under my touch. She leaned into it subconsciously as played with the rings on my other hand. I pulled her closer against me, as she leaned into my side her head resting on the side of my chest. My arm wrapped around her, switching from rubbing her back to her tummy. She seemed to enjoy this a lot more. It was simple. She just needed a little skin to skin contact.