Own Lives

Scarlett's POV:
Awaking to the unwelcome sound of my alarm, I sighed reaching over to turn it off. I took a moment to adjust my eyes to the sunlight peaking through the curtains. Looking around me, I smiled at my three loves. Two beautiful little girls who held my heart so tightly. Colin who showed me the pieces of my life that I get were missing. This is my life.

I knew I'd need to get up and start getting ready. Today we had to part ways, Rose had her final few weeks of summer camps, I had work, Colin had work, and Carter was going to daycare as per usual according to Colin.

I sighed slowly sitting up and adjusting Carter in my arms. As I stood from the bed, she whined, stirring awake. I smiled at her rocking her against me to settle her. She happily snuggled into me allowing me to soothe her. I gently lowered her back to the bed, kissing her head. She blearily looked up at me, obviously upset about being awake even only slightly.

'Shh, lovey, go back to sleep. Mommy's just getting ready.' I calmed her rubbing soft circles on her tummy. She melted back into the bed, contently. I didn't even notice her hand gripping onto my thumb until I tried to pull away. I brushed some of her hair away from her face, kissing her forehead as I carefully replaced my thumb with BoBo.

I slowly backed away from the bed, rounding it as I entered the bathroom. I quickly made my way to the shower, allowing it to wake me up and wash away all of the dirt from yesterday. I finished it shortly after remembering the girls didn't wash off last night. As I exited the shower, I dried off throwing on a robe as I went to do my skincare and brush my teeth.

Colin walked into the bathroom as i finished washing my face. He hugged me from behind as I dried my face off and I smiled leaning back.

'Morning.' I heard his raspy morning voice.

'Morning.' I smiled turning around as I planted a quick kiss on his lips. He smiled down at me leaning down for another but I quickly turned him away.

'We gotta get ready before two little girls get up.' I tell him.

He argues back, 'Carter never wakes up early.'

'But sometimes Rose does and they have to get up to shower or bathe before we head out.' I told him ending everything then. He sighed reluctantly, knowing I was correct. He went to take a quick shower as I finished my skincare. I quickly brushed through my hair, towel drying it as best I could.

After emerging from the shower, dressed in a robe, Colin started brushing his teeth while I finished brushing my own. I left back to the room to grab my makeup. Today I would have to do it in the bathroom to not risk having any grumpy children.

While I started my makeup, Colin was beginning to shave. He doesn't have much of a beard or facial hair in general, but he prefers the clean look anyways.

'So, how are you feeling about separating again?' I asked as I applied my SPF. (Sun care is just as important as skin care.) I was interested towards what he would say, still holding onto all my questions in the back of my mind. Is there something I should be worried about? That was the question that kept coming forward no matter how hard I tried to ignore it.

'I'm not sure. The girls seem to be pretty close already, and Carter absolutely adores you.' He responds, simply. Not what I was looking for.

'Ok, but how do you feel? You know?', I tried to clarify, 'I mean I'm happy to be in the swing of things. Routine keeps me going. But I love having my own little family all together and spending time with everyone. It's kinda sad to go back to work after all this. This weekend has been incredible and it's hard remembering that I won't be coming home to all of this. Hmm?'