3: Alluring Dance

He wanted it quiet, especially when it was closing time. Yazeed looked at his wristwatch and heaved a sigh, like every day, he felt at his lowest when it was closing time. Because he had to go back to his world, where he had to live alone with his demons. His thoughts that he always fought before he could be able to sleep. Most of the days he didn't sleep, he only rested at night. But on days he wanted to sleep so badly, he had to take his sleeping pills. Sulaiman always warned him not to get addicted to those pills, that was why he was being careful.

He stood up and packed his laptop into his office bag before he turned off the appliances in the office. Everywhere was dimmed and silent, that was what he wanted. So no one would see him when he was at his lowest when he had this gloom and longing look on his face. He walked out of the office and today, he didn't pull his phone out to pretend he had something important going on there, no one was there for him to pretend to, he could be himself. When he was walking on the corridor, Yazeed was sure he heard a tune and the sounds of feet on the floor.

His eyes naturally turned to where the sound was coming from, and his eyes landed on what he had never imagined he would see with his own eyes. It looked like a reality show to his eyes. How she was clad in her jeans and shirt, how she had her hair fully covered while she moved her body with a warm smile on her lips. At first, he thought maybe she was dancing, maybe something happened and she was jubilating. He didn't notice the MacBook she had placed in front of her, and when he noticed, he knew just what that meant. She was practicing ballet, and she knew just the right way to move her body in such a way nothing could look more appealing to the eyes of her watchers.

He didn't know why he got rooted to his spot, he couldn't move, just his eyes following her every step. The way she expertly moved showed him her immense love for ballet and she was expertise when it came to it, or so he thought. And he stood waiting, while until she was done and she turned off the MacBook and slumped on her sofa to take a breath. So this is what she had been rushing to finish work for? So she couldn't miss it? Somehow, even though he had an urge to go to her and ask her to dance again so he could have a better view of it, he found himself walking down to the elevator.

When he saw a leg beautified with a chain on her ankle, he knew she was doing, because he had seen that anklet on her yesterday when she was going to enter the elevator. It was the same story today, she pushed open the doors and entered with a tired smile on her lips. She looked worn out but satisfied, just the kind of look one had on his face while he or she did what they loved doing the most. She flashed him a pleasant look and looked into her phone.

What was her name again? Khadija, right? She made mention of something she preferred to be called with, was it Jamila? No, he had to wait until one of the workers mentioned it again. They got down and she waved at the downstairs receptionist before she moved to the gate while he walked directly to the parking lot and got into his car. There as someone waiting for her by the gate when Yazeed drove out, he hadn't seen his face but it could be anyone.

Enough of her thought, he said to himself and brushed her off with a single sigh. He had more important thoughts to ponder over for the night, why would he let this bother him? His face was a shade of what was enveloping the sky now, but he didn't mind. That was how he always looked because he believed the only good thing he had in his life was Sulaiman and he wasn't that close to him either. Even though he had had something even brighter than the moon once in his life, it had become his past, and he ought to grieve that for the rest of his life.

He slowed down when he arrived at his house and before he honked, the gateman had already opened the gate for him and he drove him. He knew someone would think he had it all after seeing the luxury he lived in, but that didn't amaze him. It had never amazed him. He wanted something light as long as he would find happiness and true love in it. He parked his car and took his office bag before he walked out of the car.