6: Her Safe Haven

"I'm very sure it's Ilham that's putting this kind of thoughts into your head, Sulaiman. What are you thinking of? How could you even think that way?" He couldn't understand how Sulaiman could have these kinds of thoughts, like what the hell?

"She isn't the one, okay, I'll confess. I was casually telling her what has been happening for the past weeks, and she shaped my mind. Why don't you try it, Yazeed? Maybe something good will come out of it." He wished he wasn't driving right now and he was standing or sitting beside Sulaiman to see if he was in his senses as he spoke.

"What do you mean telling her casually? Sulaiman, you have a hidden motive, just say it out. And no, I'm not going to give anything a chance, like I can't understand the reason you're having this kind of thoughts. I'll excuse Ilham because she's pregnant and her hormones aren't acting normal, but you? Man! I'm driving." He turned the steering and wished he could end the call on Sulaiman, but that was something he couldn't do to him out of all humans in the world.

"We'll have a better conversation of this when you get to the company, drive safe brother." Sulaiman teased, there was a hint of laughter on his tone which Yazeed wished he could smack off.

"Please don't even try speaking to me about this, because I'll ignore your entire being. Bye." And he ended the call, just in time he was driving into the company. He drove to the parking lot and there she was, having a phone call while she laughed heartily beside her car. Was she always on the phone? And who was she talking to this happily and early in the morning? He wondered.

He parked his car and walked out, not looking her way and when she saw him, she quickly ended the car and sprinted toward him. "Good morning, I was waiting for you."

He turned to where she was walking beside him at the same pace and looked at her for a second before he looked away. It wasn't like he was noticing everything she did, but he had never seen her wore any kind of Hausa attire, it was all English wears and abayas, not that she didn't look in her skirts and shirts with a veil wrapped around her head and also her abayas. But he was just curious about how she would look in either Ankara or lace. How her skin color...get a freaking hold of yourself, Yazeed!

"But do you realize just because you aren't going to reply to me I won't let you be? Don't worry, I can always do the talking for us." What was wrong with this girl for the sake of the almighty? It had been weeks now since she started being this clingy on him. Maybe she gave Sulaiman the wrong idea, not just Sulaiman but the whole company. Like she waited for him almost every day at the parking space so they could get to their office together.

Yes, that's what he would call it now, their office. Because he couldn't remember the last time she stayed in her office for more than two to three hours, and no, he wasn't complaining too. As much as he would never show or tell this to her, she wasn't a bad company. Even though he hardly ever replied to the thousand questions she threw at him, a thousand conversations she started and ended herself, he was sometimes glad that she was in the office because, for the time they stayed together, it took his mind off a lot of things that were eating him up.

She hadn't mentioned it to him, but he had realized that she had a phobia for elevators and she couldn't get on one alone without someone with her, so he decided to run away from her using what she hated. His only reason was because of the conversation they had with Sulaiman, he didn't want to be growing the wrong idea on people's mind. He turned left, away from the path that would lead them to the elevator.

"Where are you heading to? Do you have somewhere you need to go?" She asked and still walked beside him.

"I'm taking the staircases today, will you please mind not following me?" He didn't look at her while he spoke, but he assumed she had a horrible expression on her face because she was damn lazy when it came to things like this. That he was sure of.