27: Ballerina

She didn't know what she was going to do anymore, her head had been so choked up that she didn't think she could be able to make it. For the last two weeks, Yazeed didn't spare her a glance nor did he speak to her even, and no matter how much she'd try, he wouldn't act as if she was there. She could still remember how happy she was when Yazeed called her and told her that he would be there to take her home, he had already told David not to bother picking her up. They were good then, so good that she sometimes mistook them as a lovely couple. She practically ran to his car after he pulled over at the ballet school and entered the car.

"I'm so glad you came, I haven't seen you for long." She said excitedly and Yazeed laughed, he loved the way she couldn't hide her excitement whenever she saw him.

"How long? It's only a few hours, Jalilah." He chuckled and ignited the car to life.

"I'm just seeing you today, you know? The last time I saw you was yesterday night." And she wasn't lying when she told him that she had missed him because she truly did. It wasn't an alien feeling to her anymore, she always missed Yazeed whenever they spent hours without seeing each other.

Yazeed shook his head and spoke, "You're getting attached to me, I don't know what would happen if you're going somewhere else." He knew she was, he was too. And deep down Yazeed knew he had to put a stop to this, to them, but he didn't know how to, because he wanted to keep doing this until he couldn't anymore.

They drove back home while she kept telling him how tired she had been, how she had to practice day and night and it was still not enough. She told them how she felt Mrs Rosey was only trying to be loyal when she told her that she had improved greatly. He wished he could tell her that, but there was no way he could let her know that he had never missed her night practised. He always discreetly saw it and after she was done, sometimes he brought something for her to eat but most of the times he didn't, because he didn't want her to suspect anything.

Before they got home, her phone rang and she looked cold before she picked it. She didn't know why she found it so bizarre to pick Jibril's call or even mention his name when they were together with Yazeed since when they came back from Abeokuta, it just didn't feel right to her, as if she had done a great sin. Or she was cheating on her husband, something of that nature. But right now she couldn't ignore Jibril's call, because she had seen his calls while she was practising ballet and it was only decent if she picked it now.

She stared at Yazeed through her peripheral view and saw that he had his eyes fixed intently on the road and she thought she could pick the call and easily excused herself from Jibril without him noticing. She slid the answer button and placed it on her ear, "Hello, Jaybee."

Her heart was pounding, and even though she acted all cool about it, her peripheral view was fixed on Yazeed that acted as if he didn't know what was going on with her. "Hey, Sanaya." He called with a soft voice that if she wasn't together with Yazeed, nothing could stop her from smiling, but she didn't now.

"How are you? Sorry, I've been missing your calls, I was at the ballet school." She apologized and pinched the bridge between her eyes awkwardly. It wasn't like Yazeed had something to do about it, he wasn't going to stop her from seeing whoever she felt like, even though Jibril spent days and nights telling her how much he loved her and wanted to make things official, she didn't think she was ready yet, it was always one excuse and the other.

"Oh, I figured out as much. But guess what?" He asked with excitement dripping from each word he had uttered. She wondered what Jibril was so excited about, she hoped it wasn't what she was thinking. Because two days ago he had told her that he was going to tell his mother about her but she had stopped him, it wasn't time yet. Little did he know that she didn't love him. She didn't even know why she was being nice and inviting to him.