8: A Movie Parcel

"But when did he come back, Sulaiman?" He asked as he stood up, compiling the documents he knew he had to present to him. As much as he didn't want to go there, he knew he had no other choice.

"I don't know either, but he comes to the company today. You have to do quick and meet him at his office, he requested to see you." He nodded his head as if Sulaiman could see him and didn't voice another word out when he ended the call and looked at Jalilah that was so immersed in her work. She looked so calm and collected that he envied her for a moment.

"I have to go to the CEO's office, if I have guests, ask them to wait for me until I'm back. I won't stay long." He said, and she looked up from the screen of her laptop.

"Okay, I'll tell them that." She nodded her head in affirmation and fixed her eyes on him until he walked out of her sight.

Yazeed heaved a sigh which wasn't out of relief but rather, the feeling of angst that was eating away every courage he had built for the past month he had been away. He didn't know what had happened this time, because Alhaji hardly ever requested to see him personally unless it was something. And that something was always connected with Hajia.

He knocked softly and entered when he heard the some he made which emanated that he should come in. Yazeed had his eyes fixed onto the floor as he walked to the table and sat on the chair. "Good morning, Alhaji."

There was no answer, and even though Yazeed wasn't expecting one, he felt hurt. He looked up and their eyes met while he placed down the files he had compiled for the duration. "There are the files, and if there is something that needs to be rectified or clarified, I'll receive a call from your secretary." He knew it was all about work, and he had to go straight to the point. Because he didn't have the kind of father that would ask him how he had been, whether he was fine or not.

And to him, he had no father to ask how he had been too. It was all business for them. Alhaji collected the files and briskly went through them before he looked up at him, "I heard there's a girl that works for you?" He had always heard of one's heart losing a beat, he had never thought it was real until now. His heart lost a beat, and he didn't know what Alhaji had heard and what he had to say about that.

But still, he masked up his expression and pulled over his confident skin, "She doesn't work for me, she works for the company. But we work together at some point, she isn't an employee, she came here for her NYSC."

Alhaji's face became even harder than it was and Yazeed felt as his insides churned, "I've heard things about you and her, don't even try making any mistake this time, Yazeed. And for your information, I won't admit for something to happen like it did in the past, understood?" His voice was so cold and sharp that Yazeed felt it cutting his insides, but he didn't have to show that to him. Because even if he did, he wouldn't care. But he enjoyed it when it was only the two of them, because that way, he could be able to tell him all that he had buckled up, but if Hajia was there, he felt as if he was tongue-tied.

"I don't think if I want to do something with my life I'd have to wait for your approval now, Alhaji. I have amazing uncles that can do whatever I want for me, uncles that cared for me, even though one is no more but the other is here, I'm sure I'd lack nothing if he's by my side." He looked away from his face because he hated it whenever he spoke harshly to his father, but sometimes he knew he had to be a bit rude for his father to understand what he was trying to pass across.

"Are you telling me this because of a girl?" There wasn't surprise on his tone, because he knew Yazeed was capable this and more whenever he put himself to it.

"I'm not saying this because of her, I thought we were done talking about her because I made it clear, she's just here for her service and nothing more. And in case you speak to Hajia about this, if anyone hurt this girl, I won't hesitate to do whatever comes to my mind. If that's all I'd take my leave." He stood up and stared at his father, who had a mischievous smile on his lips that unnerved Yazeed but he masked everything up with a hard stare.