25: His Home

"I don't know where we are now, but we've reached oke-ilewo, right Yazeed?" She was on phone with Farha while she directed them to her house, he nodded his head at her and fixed his eyes on the road. "Zone 2, yes, that's what we have been following on the map." She ended the close and turned to Yazeed, "Can I see your phone? She told me the exact location which is Tunde Osokoya close, house number two. We need to put that so we don't get lost." Without a word, Yazeed handed her his phone and she put in the details.

"You're talking to me now? I guess you were angry at me, Ballerina." She was silent for a while, suddenly remembering that she wasn't supposed to speak to him anytime soon. She scoffed and looked away from him.

"I have no choice unless I want us to be stranded in the streets of Abeokuta." She rolled her eyes at him and Yazeed and he laughed.

"You're so cute when you're angry, has anyone ever told you that?" He questioned, and she didn't hear everything he said. You're so cute when you're angry, were the only words that got stuck in her brain and Jalilah couldn't help the blush that painted itself on her cheeks. "I think I should make you angry often, have that pout and you know, the glare always on your face." He teased further and she glared at him.

"Don't even think just because I'm speaking to you now, I've forgiven what you did to me this morning, it's still fresh in my memory, in case you think I've forgotten." She whined and looked through the door, just in time when Yazeed pulled over the said location and she looked up at him with the widest grin he had ever seen on her face. "Are we here already?" She asked, and Yazeed nodded his head. She hopped out of the car and stared at him through the window, she was giddy, she couldn't hide her excitement. "Should I call her first or just barge into the house?"

He shook his head, his eyes intently fixed on her face, "That's not the right way to do it. Call her, if you want to surprise her you can tell her that you're there but you don't know if you're in the right place. I'm sure she'd come out to check for you, then she'll see you."

She nodded her head excitedly and dialled Farha's number, "Girl, I don't know if we're in the right place, but I can see those grasses you said. But I can't see the house you've described. Or maybe I was wrong?" She asked, trying so hard to hide her laughter and utter excitement. She was aware of Yazeed's eyes that was on her, and he was just staring at her with a smile on his face.

She heard the shuffling sounds as Farha walked from where she was, "Oh my god! I'll be out in a bit to check. Just hold on, okay? And that angry bird shouldn't complain please." Angry bird, another name for Yazeed that she couldn't help but laugh at. She somehow believed that the name suited him.

She ended the call and by then, Yazeed had come out of the car and she was just smiling, fixed her eyes on the gate to see how Farha would emerge. The door creaked ajar and a flushed and excited Farha walked out, turning her head across all directions to see where she could spot them, "Oh my amazing god! Jalilah!!! Please tell me it's the real you!!!" She screamed when she saw her calmly leaned onto the car and she was staring at her with a wide grin on her lips.

Jalilah sprinted off to her and they met in a bone-crushing hug, their giggles and laughter echoing through the empty street of the estate. "Farhaaaaaa!!! By Allah, I've missed you, oh my god!!!" Jalilah screamed and after breaking their hug for a minute, she stared at her face and hugged her tightly again, laughing so happily that Yazeed wished if this was how happy she would be if she saw Farha, he wished he had brought her here long ago.

"Girl, ya Rabb, you're more beautiful than the last time I saw you, my chest!" Farha stared at her face and then hugged her again, they had forgotten about Yazeed that had his hands wrapped on his chest while he stared at them with utter amazement in his eyes. He loved it when he saw people that were so happy, it gave him hope, that he too someday would be happy if god will.