Feeling Something New

I hang up and head back inside as I realise how cold the air is outside. I walk back to my table, wondering how I feel about the call. Am I happy I have another chance? Is it me having another opportunity, or am I the one giving him another chance? It doesn't matter, really... I'll figure everything out tomorrow. I don't need to stress about anything tonight. I came here to have fun and have a drink, so that's what I'll do.

I almost forget to send him the address of the Staycity Apartments I'm staying at. As I sit down next to Ashley, I realise I have no clue what the address is. I giggle to myself and text back to Marcel.

Me: I don't know the address of my hotel. You'll have to do the work. I'm too drunk to search for it. I'm at the Staycity Apartments in Hayes.

I look up and away from my phone and smile weirdly, too happy to see the band. Fortunately, no one notices but Mike. He just looks at me very amused and laughs silently before looking away.

I fill up my glass and immediately sip the bronze liquid. The beer has gotten warmer. It tastes like hot piss. It's disgusting. I decide to drink it all at once instead of letting it go to waste.

"Oh! Oh!" Lucas grins at me, bringing all the table's attention to me. "I guess someone is ready for something stronger. I know I am. Who's up for shots?!"

"I'm always up for tequila," Sophie exclaims with a broad smile, and she winks at me as I notice Cal, Mike and Ash either raising their hand or nodding.

"Bring the good stuff, mate. Bourbon for me." Caleb says and gives twenty pounds to Lucas to share the bill.

Ashley orders something for Lucas to bring back from the bar as I feel my phone vibrating again in my pocket. It's from an unknown number again, so I can only guess it's Marcel harassing me again. I immediately program his contact setting on my phone before reading his text.

Arrogant Jerk: Hayes is like... I don't even know where it is in London!

Me: It's right next to Heathrow Airport.

Arrogant Jerk: Why are you staying so far away?

Me: My bus station is at the airport.

Arrogant Jerk: Still... I'll pick you up at 8.

Me: In the morning?! Are you crazy? No.

Arrogant Jerk: Yes. Be ready.

Lucas already came back with the shots, so I barely read the last text Marcel sent me and put my phone in the back pocket of my jeans. He distributes them all, and, with disgust, I look at the tequila in front of me. I look at them. They are all about to drink theirs, but Caleb looks at me and my expressive face. He smirks and puts his shot back on the table.

"Why don't we make things interesting?" He lifts his eyebrows high and still looks at me.

"I'm always up to spice things up!" Sophie gets excited and furtively looks at me as Caleb hasn't stopped his stare. "What do you think, Grace?"

I take a long second to consider the consequences and abandon them as it seems too complicated to the only remaining active brain cells in my head.

"Why not?" I lift my shoulders quickly and drop them to support my words.

The bassist looks at Sophie and then at Lucas.

"I'm sorry, mate, but I'll ask your girlfriend to take her tequila from Mike." I look at Caleb's smirk to Lucas, who looks at Sophie, who doesn't care and goes for it.