Funny Valentine

"I'm so excited for you to meet my brother." I let out as I roll closer to him in my bed.

I've laid in bed for maybe twenty minutes, looking at him sleep before he woke up. This morning, he is in a cuddly mood, and I'm happy he doesn't want to rush to get to work. This little alone time is very appreciated. His voice is so raspy and low in the morning. It's actually very arousing. His hair is a beautiful mess, and his cheeks are a light shade of pink.

"Which one am I meeting today?" He rubs his eyes and turns more comfortably to wrap an arm around me.

"William. You met him already."

"I did, but we never got formally introduced."

"Indeed. I'm sure you'll get along." I smile at him, but it doesn't take long for him to roll his eyes.

"You know I'm not the greatest with people."

"Well, he isn't just people. He is my brother. It'll be fine."

"Tell me about him. What is he like?" He asks me and slides back to look at me better.

"Well... Will is the nicest of my two brothers. He is hardworking and very generous. It hasn't always been the case, but he has grown a lot. Even more so now that he is with Cynthia. Both my brothers have always wanted to be police officers from as far as I can remember. Clearly, being sacked didn't affect him that much, or if it did, he kept it to himself. We didn't have a close relationship growing up. First, because they were constantly nagging me. And when they got older and stopped, they left the house for the police academy, and I didn't see them often. After that, I moved in with Steeve, and since nobody ever really approved of him, we never really talked. I got used to it because there was nothing I could do about it. I think it would have stayed that way if you didn't encourage me to go back and see them. I'm blown away by the support I have received from my family. My brothers have changed so much since the last time I really spent time with them. I think we've all grown so much from what we've been through. I'm happy William wants to come here and see my world. It means a lot to me." I let out with the flow of my mind until I realised that I didn't remember what his question was. I chuckle a little and sigh.

"Tell me about your family. What was it like growing up with them?" He asks softly, not at all bored with my incessant rambling. He gets more comfortable next to me and looks directly at me.

I smile at him and look down, thinking back all those memories of all five together. I keep a very dear memory of the time I have with my family.

"My parents were working all the time, but thankfully they were off on weekends. Sunday was always family day. No one was allowed to have plans on Sundays. It was strictly us five playing board games with hot chocolate. I always took advantage of that time when Simon was sleeping in and played Scrabble with my parents. Sometimes, William would join. Dad has his collection of vinyls he would always play. Everyone had their favourites. For me, it was Fleetwood Mac or Billy Joel. My mum always voted to play Journey or Scorpions. William was all about Elton John. But Dad... Dad was all about Queen or Pink Floyd. I get my large various music taste from them." I smile to myself again and look back at him, patiently listening to me. He looks adorable, and I realise how lucky I am to be able to share whatever I have in my heart. "Sometimes, when I was young, and I couldn't sleep, I would catch my parents dancing in the dining room next to the radio listening to their Shania Twain vinyl. It's maybe weird, but I'll always picture my parents that way. Whatever might happen to them, I'll always see my parents embracing each other and dancing to songs like "From This Moment" or "Still The One". They have given me an idyllic vision of love, one that I have always aspired to."