The One Who Goes Away

Ronnie and I are cleaning tables when I share last night's events. I share every detail, very shyly and shamefully, about my thoughts of another man as I made love to my boyfriend. She isn't surprised that he doesn't make me feel anything sexually because she had clearly stated the same thing the day before on an emotional level. She encourages me by sharing many memories that were out of my mind about some of the numerous times he left me miserable. She tells me about the job's Christmas dinner with all of the employees last year, and he got drunk with another waitress's husband and got into a fight because he thought he was checking me out, which he wasn't. His drunken behaviour is also an issue she brings out. She also reminds me that he is going out and letting loose when I am the one that spares all my expenses because we don't have that much money. She is making up my mind about leaving him, but I can't help but defend him a bit as she has been against him since the first time they met. She is telling me it was about time I realised it. She is right. I just didn't want to face it. But I can't deny it now. It's too evident.

"So the hottie texted you, right?" She smirks at me, correctly pushing the chair under the table and changing the subject.

"He did. He is making me feel all giddy and excited. This kind of attention is so new to me."

"He's clearly making you excited if you thought of him while having sex with Steeve." She teases me, which makes me give her a big reaction.

"Hey! Don't say that too loud. Don't even talk about it again, OK? I feel bad. It's really mean."

"No, it isn't. What is mean is your man not making you come! That's frustrating. I would have dumped him right away."

"You don't date, Ronnie. You have one night stands. So you dump them anyway."

"That isn't true. Remember the sexy customer we had last weekend that gave me a huge tip? Well, it turns out it isn't only his wallet that contains big if you know what I mean. He took me out Saturday, and we plan to see each other again Friday."

"What? We have been talking only about me for two days when you could have told me this and all the details."

"There's not much to say. He is sexy as hell. We drank champagne. He brought me to his hotel. It was so luxurious. He is here on business because he lives in Knightsbridge, London. This only means that his house is huge, his cock too, by the way. I had the best sex of my life, so I made sure he would want to see me again. Now here I am, craving for him every night until Friday comes. End of the story."

"I love how you always say exactly what you think."

"Some people hate it. Well, most English people are stuck ups. You are the only one that is actually amused by my personality."

Customers are starting to get in, and we must get back to our duties. As soon as the rush calms down at around 10 PM, she comes back to me, behind my counter, as I'm taking orders.

"So? I've been thinking about it a lot, and I want to put a face to the names."

"Names?" I frown at her as I quickly look back at the client, smiling brightly, and give them his receipts.

"Yes! The hottie and the jerk. I want to see who we hate and who we love."

"We don't hate or love anyone."

"Come on, Grace! Give me their names." She says, taking her cell phone out, ready to stalk them on the Internet. I can't help but get a bit excited too.

"I don't know his full name, but the drummer, Ashley, has a band called 'The SOS'. Maybe you can google that."

"I'm on it. Your order is ready. Join me in the freezer when you are done."