True Colours

"This is the greatest drink I have ever had. Where are we? We need to come back here." I let out loudly, the alcohol getting to me slowly as I couldn't get enough of all these different delicious drinks.

"It's called The London Cocktail Club. But right after our drinks, we are going to Camden to dance." She says, and even though she said enough to make me doubt Marcel, I get instinctively scared of going to Camden.

"Camden?"

"Yeah. There are so many amazing clubs. The nightlife is crazy there. Drink up. This is going to be fun." She hurries me, and the next thing I know, we are taking the tubes.

We get to the club in no time, and the atmosphere is very festive. It makes me forget every worry and every thought related to Marcel that might come up in my mind. This night is for Sophie and me.

I start the night at the bathroom, but I am ready for the two rounds of tequila Soph forces on me after that. It is so disgusting. After all the savoury and sweet drinks we've just drunk, the taste of tequila seems a lot more bitter than I remember it being. So I pay her a round of a sugary shot right after to change the taste in my mouth.

By the time I got back from the loo, Sophie had met with some people she knew and was chatting to them, so I didn't get surprised when we got offered some drinks.

"Here are two Jagger bombs for you, ladies, from the gentlemen over there." The barman says as he points to the two men, clearly way older than us.

I make sure to ask the barman if the drinks are really for us, being so surprised somebody is paying attention to me like that because they are clearly not Sophie's friends like I initially thought. I look at her, taking the drink with confidence and waving quickly back at the men. They might be in theirs mid-forties, but they are very good looking. They are wearing classy shirts, unbuttoned at the collar with their sleeves rolled up as if they headed out after work. It's a very professional look.

I think the thankful wave Sophie did to them was the invitation they needed to come over. I do like Sophie and politely smile at them as I drink my glass. She doesn't flinch if she doesn't feel at ease, but her confidence boosts mine a bit.

"Sorry, we couldn't help but come over." A dark-haired man with hairy arms says, my eyes connecting with his brown gaze.

"You seemed to be celebrating tonight. What's the occasion?" The smaller blond man steals my attention. He might be smaller, but he lets his dominance known through his stance in front of us.

I hesitate only the time of a blink and find myself already responding. The drinks from earlier only now kick in, and it seems to free my inhibition with a doubt.

"I broke up with my boyfriend." I let out and felt Sophie's elbow nudging my ribs.

The men lean more comfortably on the counter to look at me smiling like a little girl, indeed being ridiculous as fuck, but I feel confident.

"That's good to know." The taller man responds.

"...and a good reason to celebrate." The other handsome lad smiles at me. "Let me buy you another round."

"Grace..." Sophie whispers, warning me like a mother to her child.

"What?!" I murmur back but turn my face to look back at our company serving our drinks. Shots. Tequila, I think I heard...

They hand us the small glass and raise their shots, but Sophie drinks hers in the next second and presses me to do the same.

As soon as I put my empty shot back on the counter, she takes me by the arm and pulls me to dance, dragging me far away from them. I don't have the time to react until she stops us in the middle of the dance floor. I feel a little lost and confused as to why we should turn down free drinks. The cocktails we've had at that other place were tasty, but they've cost an arm and a leg.