Third Chapter: Second Chances

Navy 
Charlotte, N
orth Carolina

The teens exchanged journals with one another that got switched at lunch period then Devante suggested it was time to end their one night they encountered Navy swiftly walked up to her porch while turning around to watch Devante hopped In his ford escort car and afterwards he took off leaving Navy's journal with the owner.

Nevertheless the greeting with Devante wasn't all that bad as she thought turns out It was real short and sweet but that's what makes It so great she never thought she would feel this way about him knowing how they never use to get along In school however she wish she would have been talk to him.

Navy closed the house door and locked back as she walked back upstairs to go to her bedroom to chill out and listen to some music.

She put the journal back down on her bed while walking over towards her radio to turn on she turns up her volume on her radio and listen too her favorite song In the world "The Sweetest Tabo" by Sade

Navy knew all of Sade music and wanted to be just like her someday not to mention she had a few of her posters hanged up on her other wall while Rakim, Slick Rick and LL Cool J was majority covering up her bedroom walls both of them was so fine.

After that Navy laid down on the bed while she kicked up her feet In a relaxing position writing In her journal as one of her other sisters came to her room.

"Hey Navy what you up to?" Courtney said seeing her write In her favorite book.

"Oh I'm just working on something It ain't nothing else to do so I figure I write in my journal" Navy says writing some new fresh lyrics down.

Navy was good at being a professional songwriter she liked to tell stories In her music and wished that someday she'll hear them playing on the radio.

"Oh so that boy did showed up I'm shock he kept his promise" Courtney said as Navy got so defensive hearing her call him a boy she hated when they called him that knowing he got a name.

Navy cut her eyes back at her while Courtney gave off this negativity vibe It was getting old now she wanted every last one of her family members to stay out her business and let her live her life.

"Yeah he just showed up and gave it back to me and by the way It's Devante to you!" Navy said defending her crush.

Courtney felt the tension and wondered where's all this energy even coming from. 

"Damn what's wrong with you why you defending him now I thought you hated him?" Courtney asked Navy.

"Nothing I just want some space for right now can't you see I'm writing" Navy said staring at her sister. 

Courtney didn't argue back with her she exited out of her bedroom and slammed her door.

"Oh time too do my skin care routine" Navy said while she wanted to look flawless to bed.

She took a break from writing to grab her skin care supplies as she walked out of her bedroom to use the hallway bathroom to put on her mask. 

Soon Navy did her skin care routine she left out the bathroom and came in her room and closed the door and went too bed since It was already after 11 pm.

She turned the lights off and her face hit the pillow as she rested her head on her comfortable sheets while she thought about Devante while going to sleep.