Twenty-Second Chapter: Family

Navy
Charlotte, North Carolina
The Jones House

Navy had to come back home and plan for a funeral after losing her mom Jackie when she was in AIT.

She had a couple days off and got on a plane to get back home and handle the funeral arrangements that was already being took care of now.

Since the passing of Jackie both sides of family has came together and been stopping by the house sending their condolences and prayers for the family.

"Navy she's here!" Courtney dropped by unannounced with their other sister Katrina who looked unrecognizable this woman looked totally different from how she use to look.

Navy sated down her Walkman radio and stood up to make her way over there by her sisters to greet.

"Hey you look so pretty!" Katrina says dropping all of her bags while opening up her arms to give Navy a tightly hug.

Navy smiled and leaned forward to hug Katrina she missed her unconditionally.

"Hey Trina where you been at last I heard of you was a month ago and you was teaching." Navy said looking at her big eyes widened as she was nervous being put right there on the spot.

"Oh right yeah I move around a lot and I quit that job I'm doing something else now" Katrina said as her head started getting sweaty.

"Oh what made you stop teaching?" Navy asked her as Courtney looked at Navy thinking that ain't none of your business.

Katrina was getting tired of getting questioned by the way but she went ahead and answered Navy question but you can tell she was getting bothered.

"Well I just didn't want to do that anymore that's all I did was work besides the paying wasn't enough for me It's time I tried out something different I just wish people will stop asking me that" Katrina says catching an attitude.

"Oh what excuse me then" Navy said folding her arms across her chest.

"Mhmm by the way one of y'all come help me with my bags I'm getting too old for this" Katrina says while Courtney and Navy looked at her.

"No you not old" Navy and Courtney said to Katrina.

"Well I think so girls!" Katrina said as she couldn't bend down to get her bags instead Navy had to help her.

"Girls let's get downstairs and help dad with dinner" Courtney said exiting the room.

"Alright let me put my bags in the room here and I meet you down there" Katrina says putting her bags In the room she was sleeping In for a extra three days.

Navy carried her few bags for her oldest sister as they went In Katrina's old room.

Something just told Navy to search Inside the bag that's when she came across something In one of Katrina's bags that looked like heroin covered up in a bag standing next to that was a crackpipe.

"Oh shit!" Navy shrieked after she found something in her possession.

"What?" Katrina said turning around to see what she mean about that word.

"Oh nothing I thought I saw something running across the floor" Navy lied pointing down.

"What like roaches?" Katrina says as Navy didn't say anything right then.

Katrina placed her bags down on something In the room to hold them up right In case she needs to get something out to do her business.

"Well I take my bags so Navy you want to stay and help me get unpacked?" Katrina asked her sister while taking her bags out Navy's hand.

"I'm sorry I have to go do something right quick" Navy said leaving out the room wondering what type of mess was that.

Finally the food was done Navy sated at the dinner table minding her own business feeling not too good about what she saw upstairs In Katrina backpack.

Everyone got their food and had a mighty good potion on there whole plate except for Katrina she only had a salad.

"Wait is that all you want to eat Katrina?" Her father looked down at just a salad on her plate.

"Yeah daddy I'm good with just salad" Katrina said looking like she was high.

Navy sated quietly eating at the table as she knew why Katrina didn't want to eat but she didn't mention It.

"Alright just asking why you don't want to eat I don't mean to upset you" He says taking it personal.

"And I understand where you coming from but can I enjoy my food ok" Katrina says getting more upset while recognizing her father was still treating her like she was still living under his roof.

"Alright then well with that being said Navy how was AIT school?" Her dad said eating his food.

"Oh It's been good dad" Navy says leaving It short.

"Ok I'm sorry things happened and It's taking you out of school but we miss you and It's great to finally have you back with us as a family" Her dad said too Navy.

"Thanks It's good to see everybody as well" Navy said picking her food with her fork.

"You're welcome so what Devon been up to?" Angelo asked eating his meal at the dinner table as his daughter Courtney corrected him.

"You mean Devante Dad" Courtney said to her dad while correcting.

"Oh yeah my bad that's his name." Angelo said while drinking him some water out his glass. 

"Well I guess he's been doing alright but I haven't heard from him since I been home to plan mom's funeral I hope he is doing ok"

"Oh we see his parents all the time at his family church every Sunday and why you haven't called yet?"

"His dad still preaches" Katrina asked them sitting down at the table. 

Navy looked at her sister after she talked for a little. 

"Yup" Courtney answered Katrina while looking back at Navy to respond. 

"I know it just we both been too busy but I'm thinking about giving him a call since we haven't talked in a few months or so." Navy says.

"I hope he answers considering the fact how long It's been don't be surprise he forgot about you" Katrina says talking her shit.

Navy gave a serious look. "How can you forget that quick It's only been six months I been gone"

Navy gave this look afterwards thinking she might've mess things up with Devante.

To Be Continued...

I'm sorry for leaving It like this but this was just a filler

How you think the family going to take Katrina doing drugs?