Seventh Chapter: Opposition

Devante
Charlotte, North Carolina
January 9, 1989
3 Days Later

Devante just sat there thinking about Navy he didn't mean to hurt her feelings by telling Dalvin all of Navy's business now all his friends think she's easy now and It all had something to do with what happened In his car after giving her a lift home.

She didn't even speak at all to him and It's been three days now since they both talked.

Devante took It upon himself to go and sit with her at lunch today for them to talk about what happened on Friday.

"Hey excuse me ladies Is this seat taken?" Devante says Interrupting the table while Navy sat down and talked to her sister Courtney and another girl with long braids who looked like she could have been their cousin cause they did looked alike.

The other one that sated near Navy cheering her up turned around from her seat to look up at Devante with this glowing smile on her face.

"Oh no

"Oh no...I'm sorry but who are you?" She says with this shy tone of voice.

Devante thought she was really sweet so he told her who he was because he could tell she wasn't being rude.

"Oh I'm Devante and you must be her sister Courtney right?" Devante uttered.

"No I'm not her sister I'm Navy's and Courtney's cousin Trisha that's Courtney with the braids in her hair" Trisha says pointing who Courtney was as she slowly waved at Devante but not being too friendly.

Devante looked confused the Courtney he thought didn't look nothing like he Imagined and he thought Navy's sister was more like Navy but he was wrong about that.

"Oh well It's nice to meet both of you girls uh I don't mean to be rude but can I talk to Navy for just a second If that's cool with y'all" Devante says staring at over at Courtney and Trisha while he felt some hard glares from Navy.

"Oh sure that won't be a problem take your time" Trisha says as she turned to Navy to hug her before getting up.

"Uh where y'all two going you just going to leave me here?" Navy said to them while Devante was standing right there.

Courtney turned back around and looked at Navy and Devante. "Stay and talk to him"

"Yeah, come on Courtney let's go sit somewhere else do you want to sit at Aaron and Liz table?" Trisha says looking at Courtney as she nodded her head.

After Trisha and Courtney had left that's when Devante sated by Navy to talk however there was a awkward silence between the two of them for a while. This was already getting weird now so that's when Devante begin to break his silence. 

"Navy do you want to talk or not I don't care If it's only going to be just a few little words at least say something baby" Devante said calmly under his deep voice.