Twentieth Chapter: U and I

Devante
July 2, 1989
Brooklyn, NY

They arrived to the studio and Andre's personal assistant had sent them off to the studio to work since they are a part of the uptown label.

"Hi right this way gentleman Andre was getting worried" The assistant of Andre's said that worked for Uptown showing them to there studio.

Dalvin was the only person of the whole entire group that speaks as he mention why they was late.

"Sorry we just had to deal with some family stuff back home"  

"Oh alright well we're glad to have you back besides we have a new engineer that would be working on the new Jodeci album he will be here soon by the way Andre thought Devante did enough with them two songs he produced and not only that writing for Myla on her brand new song he just been so proud"

Devante bandmates reacted on him co-writing on a song for Myla new album that suppose to drop a week after their album.

"We didn't know all that so you wrote a song with Myla?" Dalvin said looking at his brother.

Devante dropped a smile. "Yeah I guess"

"Damn that's great brother" Jojo says proud of his friend.

"It is" Kci said shock by the news.

Then the lady stepped out for a second to let them talk.

"So what's up with you and this Myla y'all been getting too close on the label huh?" K-ci said

"Right that's what I been wanting to ask too Kci" Dalvin responds folding his arms across his chest.

"Damn you still haven't hit yet?" Jojo asked.

"Here we go" Devante says standing before them beaming a smile while some other woman open up the door having the wrong studio room.

She smiled after she saw Devante standing there biting his bottom lips seductively the whole time.

"Oh I'm so sorry I thought Myla was recording in here" She says looking embarrass.

"Wait are you looking for the singer Myla?" Devante said walking out of the studio for a second.

"Uh yeah have you seen Myla around here?" The lady said looking back as she notice him from the Jojo birthday party.

"Oh yeah I know right where she Is she went this way" Devante said pointing straight ahead as he demonstrates while walking with the woman.

"Damn she gave me the wrong Info she does this all the time to me" She said shaking her head.

"Yeah well It probably not her fault this time since Andre Is changing up some stuff around here so could I ask how do you know Myla Is you like some kind of close cousin to the singer?" Devante asked.

"Well uh I met Myla back at a show last year I was helping someone with their music career at this same show and we just clicked you know"  She says turning to look at him.

"Oh ok I just thought I ask since I saw you there at my friend party anyway I think this It it" Devante says as he stopped right In front of the studio.

He didn't go In the room only he send her In there with her friend. 

"Ok thanks a lot" She said walking Inside the studio as Myla jumped all on her like girls usually do when they see there friend.

"Hey girl how you knew to get here?" Myla wondered.

Devante could hear what they was talking about while standing at the door but he didn't care If he got caught by Myla at this point.