Ten

June 1st, 8:23pm
Joestar Residence, New York
~~~~~~~

"I don't care about that! It's just that lately all you have been doing is avoiding me and I want to know why!" Caesar was losing his temper.

"What? I haven't been avoiding you! I've just been spending time with my wife Caesar!" Joseph replied back and was hoping the rest couldn't hear with the door closed.

"You guys begged me to live with you but you barely ever talk to me! I stay home most of the time, hoping that maybe you would want to at least hang out for a bit, but no Joseph you're always with her"

"I'm married to her! and maybe you should just go on your dates with those random girls or something, I don't know!"

"Everything was better before you stopped caring about everyone except her!"

"I do care about you! It's not my fault you don't like girls!"

They both stayed silent for a bit. Caesar sensed people outside the door.

"IM NOT A GOD DAMN FAGGOT, JOJO!"

He opened the door to see Suzi and Lisa Lisa there. All he could do was look at them for a second, then he ran off to his room and shut the door.

'Fuck' Joseph thought when he realized they both heard that.
_________________________

Context:

Joseph joked with Caesar a bit within those 2 weeks, but hasn't had a proper conversation since that one night. Caesar wanted to spend time with them and everything since they told him to stay, but he just felt left out since Joseph is with Suzi most of the time or taking care of Holly with her, meanwhile Lisa Lisa has been going out to god knows where and being with Holly when Suzi and Joseph are on dates. All Caesar had really done was workout, train hamon by himself. The "amazing 2 weeks" was really just amazing for 'everyone' else except Caesar

How the argument started:

Caesar was in an extra room they had, playing darts alone. Joseph was looking for him until he found him there. When he walked in, Caesar turned to look at him, then rolled his eyes and continued playing. Joseph closed the door behind him and stood next to Caesar.

"What?" Caesar asked in a clearly annoyed tone. "Why don't you talk to me?" Joseph asked. Caesar was just about to throw a dart, but stopped. He took a deep breath and and looked at Joseph. "I haven't talk to you? You're the one who has been avoiding me"

"No?! Why would I avoid you? You're my friend" Joseph said in a confused tone. "We used to be bestfriends" Caesar mumbled, he felt weird about being like that. He felt jealous and didn't want to admit it.

"We are!" he made eye contact until Caesar looked away, embarrassed and threw the dart. "Then why avoid me." Caesar mumbled once again.

"It's just that-" Joseph stopped himself. It wasn't the time to say it yet. "Is it because I splashed water on you that time?" it's obvious it wasn't, but he couldn't tell him why yet.

"I don't care about that! It's just that lately all you have been doing is avoiding me and I want to know why!" -
_______________________

After the argument, all Joseph could feel was guilt.

"Is it true?" Suzi asked him later that night while in bed. Joseph looked at her "What was?"

"Earlier you said something about Caesar not liking-" before she could finish Joseph interrupted her "No! It isn't true at all! I was just mad obviously Caesar likes women, don't ever mention that again" Joseph bursted out.

Suzi looked at him. He never gets angry like that, or defensive like that. "O-ok.." She turned around and looked outside the window. "Sorry. I'm just- so mad at myself" Joseph said and looked up.

"About?" Suzi Q turned around to ask. "Well- you practically heard everything, im just mad that I didn't bother to even have a conversation with him, and in result he's mad at me. Real mad at me"

"I get it, you and Caesar have fights but they usually aren't that serious. Except when he almost-" Joseph cut her off once again.

"Don't talk about that either, please"

Joseph turned the other way, his back facing Suzi. He felt his tears forming and quickly rubbed his eyes.

"I'm sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Caesar got up early to eat breakfast. He went upstairs right when Joseph was going downstairs. He didn't bother to give him a look.

Hours pass and Caesar comes out of his room, all dressed up. "Where are you going, uncle?" Holly asked as he was about to walk out the door.

"I'll be back later Holly, i'm going on a date." he hugged her gently and walked through the door, closing it.

Joseph was looking out the window, seeing Caesar leave, and quickly went downstairs. "Holly, where did he go?" he asked, worrying. "He said he was going on a date"

Joseph's eyes widened. 'That has to mean he's real mad at me'  he thought to himself.

3 days went by, and they all went the same. Caesar doing anything to not be around JoJo, going on dates, and coming back late.

One night, he came back home and went upstairs to his room. He smelt like wine and cigarettes. As he opened his door, he saw Suzi sitting on his bed. It seems like she has been waiting for him.

"Why are you in here, Suzi?" he asked calmly and took off his shoes.

"Can we talk, please?"

To be continued...