Castaways

"Stay still," Ratchet hissed as he layered some more disinfectant over the blistering wound near your eye

"Stay still," Ratchet hissed as he layered some more disinfectant over the blistering wound near your eye. It was a patch like a blister that circled under your left eyelid, to the side of your face to just above your eye. Your other wounds were bandaged with a flexible fabric that would shift if you changed into human form, which you were going to avoid because it usually further ripped open your wounds.

Whatever he was applying hurt like hell. You growled and swatted the swab away from him, "I said I'm fine," you growled.

"I still recommend a few days rest," Ratchet grumbled, he knew you weren't going to listen. You were sick of it. Every second of the day it was are you okay this, are you okay that. It was just formality, no one here cared. There was one place you could get away from it all. Griffin Rock.

"Open the damned ground bridge," you snarled. You hated relying on the bots for transport but shifting wasn't an option at the moment.

"Good riddance," Ratchet said as he opened it to the forests surrounding the station. It was late in the afternoon and judging by the smell a storm was brewing. It wouldn't land for awhile but it was coming.

You used your feline claws to open the door. Hopefully you could sneak up to your room without being spotted by any of your sibling because you had no idea how you were going to explain your wound. You made to the stairs but a smell from the kitchen caught your attention. Onions, carrots, peas, corn, beef and many other things had gone into a lavish stew. Your stomach growled as it pulled you towards the kitchen.

Your human father was stirring the pot, humming to himself as you peered over his shoulder and breathed in deeply to savor such a fantastic smell. He jumped and placed a hand over his chest, "you gave me a scared there (y/n)," he chuckled as he rubbed your head, he glanced over your feline form and noticed the bandages and the blister around your eye. "What happened?" he asked.

"I got in a fight," you explained simply as you focused on the food. He sighed, it wasn't unusual that you would sneak back home bandaged and wounded. You never explained what caused the injuries but he could take a guess. "Where are the others?" you asked.

"Downstairs," he replied as you stalked out the kitchen, accidentally knocking a salt shaker off the counter, "I'll call out when dinner is ready," he yelled out.

You went down the elevator. The group was watching a film together so you weren't noticed. You quietly sunk into your usual spot, the base of the couch, you stretched out and tucked your paws underneath your body. They were watching a movie about a group of people named the Avengers fighting this god named Loki, it was enjoyable. "Oh hey (y/n)," Kade said as he laid his feet on you.

Danny paused the movie. "(y/n) and when did you get back?!" She asked as she flung her arms around your neck.

"A few second ago," you replied.

"What happened?" Cody asked sadly as he noticed the bandaged wrapped around your shoulders and the blister around your eye. You stood up and picked him up by the back of his shirt and curled around him. You missed feeling the warmth of this place, the warmth of being around the humans you knew weren't using you.