The Cave In

You were sitting down with your family eating cereal

You were sitting down with your family eating cereal. You were feeling more awake, which meant that you were healing quickly. "Let me check over your wings," Dani offered as she got up from the table. She peeled away the bandages, "looks like you're all better," Dani. smiled.

It felt like ages since you last stretched them, you flexed your wings and smacked Kade in the head. "Hey!" he complained.

"That means you're all good to go," Cody said sadly.

"I always come back," you reasoned. Cody still looked down, "I can't sit still in one place, and I have a job to do that I sometimes miss," you sighed.

You suddenly felt cramped. It felt as if the walls were closing in on you. You needed out, the eyes that were on you suddenly felt like bricks. You could see the disappointment in their eyes. You didn't like to be cages or refined. Not by anyone. It didn't matter how they felt, you needed to be able to do what you wanted.

"I gotta go," you said hastily as you opened the window and sat on its edge.

"But you only just got better," Dani argued but when you turned around to face her, she saw a look in your eyes that she had never seen before. You needed out. You could never stay still for long.

Because of whom you were you couldn't do much on Griffin Rock, except stay put and that made you restless. "Get going," Dani sighed. You didn't say anything else and fell backwards, out of the window before you hit the ground you spread your wings and carried yourself into the clouds.

This was what made your life worthwhile. The freedom. The ability to not be tied to the ground and go wherever the wind took you. To defy gravity, to defy the normal, sometimes being a monster had its perks.

You sniffed the air, Bulkhead, Miko, Jack and Arcee had been here

You sniffed the air, Bulkhead, Miko, Jack and Arcee had been here. You stood at the edge of a cave system. You felt like you had been here before, you were pretty sure that this was an energon mine. They definitely went inside. Weren't the bots meant to keep the humans safe?

Old energon mines were frail and could collapse, it was why you tried avoiding the old ones. Some of them even had traps left in case Autobots decided to explore the depths. It was a Bulkhead and Miko thing to do but very out of the norm for Arcee.