Poetic Pain: Intro

KRIMZON

My heart was racing, my hands still trembled as the realization of what I had just done hit me

My heart was racing, my hands still trembled as the realization of what I had just done hit me...... I had to do it, I tried to rationalize it to myself. It was either me or him and I wasn't ready to die. I should've known something was up because that nigga was too eager to get me back to his hotel and despite my gut telling me that it was a setup, my dick was telling me that his ass was too fat. I wasn't even sure if I hit him, I just started firing in him and the dude who was waiting in the bathroom's direction and ran up outta there room. I finally spotted running and realized I was in a wooded area..... this was a good place to think, but a horrible place to be fumbling around in the darkness, animals were the least of my worries but I needed to think about how I was going to get out of this situation. My name is Krimzon Cooper, currently, I was a sophomore at Morehouse but given what had taken place tonight I could kiss my future goodbye.....

"So what are we going to do Krimzon?" I asked myself. I had no idea where I was at and my phone was pretty much useless seeing as how the entire screen was shattered. I couldn't even call my brother, I knew he would help me out but he was on the road at a game leaving me with very few options and his house was in the middle of nowhere......

The sound of a helicopter flying overhead snapped me out of my daze and made the gravity of my situation hit me even harder.... I was going to jail, there was no other way around it... the gun I had used was still in my possession and even though I knew I should toss it, it gave me some comfort. It would be stupid to stay put, so I started heading toward the lights I saw in the distance, carefully navigating through the wooded area just to make sure I wasn't stepping off any cliffs or running into any animals......

I walked for about an hour before the helicopter passed over my head, I thought I was in the clear until it circled back and shined that bright ass light on me.... I wasn't going out like this so I started running, using the light as a guide. I lost them a few times, but when I broke into a quiet neighborhood I could see the red and blue lights not too far away.... Yeah, I was definitely fucked, but I kept running.... The sound of the sirens were getting closer and I was getting tired......

"Ayy come on....." A voice in the dark called out, maybe it was stupid trusting a random stranger after what happened but I was out of options, so I ran towards the sound of the voice and into the door he had waiting open for me. "You better be lucky I was coming outside to smoke." The person said as I collapsed on the floor trying to catch my breath.

"Th..... anks...." I said breathing heavily. "Why did you help me?" I asked sitting up and leaning up against the wall.

"I'm just sick of seeing black men get locked up.... or worse." The person said looking out of the window. "Looks like they're going to be here for a while, so while we wait for them to leave you can tell me what got you running from the laws...." He said turning towards me.

"It's a long story.... but basically some dude tried to set me up and I.... I did what I had to do." I said quietly, he didn't say anything, he just walked off and came back a few seconds later with a bottle of water. I inspected the bottle closely, the last thing I wanted to was to wake up with my kidney missing. "Again thanks....." I said watching as he turned the lights on, damn...... See Krimzon, that's how you ended up in this situation in the first place, thinkin with your dick and not your head. "My name is Krimzon...." I said looking at him as he moved around the living room.