Kelly!

*Will's Pov*

I grabbed Maggie and I a coffee and then went to stand with her by the nurses station.

"She's still here." Said Maggie.

"Who?" I asked, looking up from my coffee cup.

"Katerina."

"She prefers Kat."

"Oh ok. You should talk to her."

"And say what?"

"I don't know. Maybe that visiting hours is over and that she should go home and rest."

"She won't listen."

"I'll come with you."

"Okay. Let's go." I sighed as we walked through the double doors.

Kat was curled up in a ball on a chair, fast asleep. Kelly walked in the door to speak to us but froze when he saw her asleep.

"Is she okay?" He whispered.

"Yeah. You know that arson house case. She's the kid from it."

"The abuse case?" He whispered back.

"Yeah." Whispered Maggie.

"I know visiting hours is over but how is that kid, Ben, from the fire this morning?"

"He's okay. He will make a speedy recovery."

"Good to hear."

I walked over to Kat and sat on the chair next to her. Kelly reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone to text someone. He looked to me and mouthed Jay, which I just nodded at and tried my best not to scare Kat.

"Hey, Kat." I said.

She slowly began to wake up and looked around her to see the room empty before she turned to look at me.

"Is Bella awake?" She said, sitting up quickly.

"Hey, slow down. No, she's not awake. She's not even out of surgery."

"Oh. So why did you come over?"

"These seats are not comfy and you need to sleep better. Visiting hours are also up and I'm sure your dad wants you home." I said, knowing the last sentence was a lie.

"He doesn't give two shits about me. Who is that?" She asked as she looked in Kelly's direction.

"That is Lieutenant Kelly Severide of Squad 3 from Firehouse 51."

"Wow. You didn't have to give me such a grand introduction."

"Hi, I'm Kat."

"Yeah I know you. I also know of your house that burned down."

"Kelly!" Said Maggie and smacked him round the back of the head.

"Do you want information on the fire?" Asked Kat.

"Yes please, if you don't mind."

"Not at all."

"My dad spread petrol, I think, around the house and then threw down a match."

"That's all?"

"Yep. That's it. He wanted to get rid of our tracks."

"Okay. Thank you."

And with that, Kelly left. He sent me a message just letting me know that Jay was on his way to the hospital. Kat snuggled back into her ball and fell asleep again.

"You're shift is done."

"I know."

"Then why are you here and not at home?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I'm waiting for you to leave and then I will leave. Why are you still here?"

"As soon as Jay arrives, I'm leaving."

"Okay. Good. I better not see you until tomorrow night."

"Don't worry, you won't."

"Good. Now go, grab your stuff and sit with Kat."

After I grabbed my stuff, I was heading towards the waiting room when Jay walked in and stopped to talk to Maggie.

"Hey, Jay." I said.

"You ready to go?"

"Have you even spoken to Kat about leaving?"

"No, I was just planning for one of you to knock her out with a drug." He said, hiding a laugh.

"Very funny, Halstead. Now go talk to her." Said Maggie.

I waved bye to Maggie as she had walked off to get her stuff and then I went out with Jay to talk to Kat.

"Get up, Kat. We're going home."

"Home?" She mumbled.

"Yes. Home."

"No. I'm staying." She mumbled again, half asleep.

"Can I carry you to the car?"

"Mhm." She mumbled and nodded her head.

Jay picked her up and carried her out to the car. He placed her in the back of the car and I climbed in next to her to try and stop her from waking up. Thank god the elevator was working again so we didn't have to carry her up the stairs.

When we got to our apartment, he gave me the key and I unlocked the door. Jay and I have been staying together for a while now considering neither of us have a love interest and why not. It's better than being alone.

Jay carried her in and placed her in one of the guest bedrooms. I was staying in the other one but I had made it my own with the decorations and pictures that I wanted. The other room was just white walls and a grey bed with a nightstand and black chester drawers.

Luckily, Kat was in joggers and a jumper already so she would be comfy and we wouldn't have to try and wake her up to get clothes onto her that would be suitable to sleep in. She mumbled a few things as Jay took off her shoes and tucked her into bed. I made her a glass of water and placed it on the nightstand as well as putting her phone on charge but put it on silent so she could have a good sleep.

"Night." She mumbled as Jay shut the door.

"Night." He said back.

"I heard what she said about the pills."

"Yeah. It was heart breaking to listen too."

"It's worse that she looks at this like a game. They are killed and the dads win. They survive and their dads are put in jail, they win. It's like the flipping hunger games."

"Yeah except without the weapons and the teams. And without fancy futuristic towns and clothes that light on fire."

I gave him a light push as he just laughed and shoved me back.

"Hey. That was harder." I said.

"Sorry." He laughed.

"Thanks for listening to Kelly and coming to pick up Kat."

"I assumed that security would kick her out so she would go home."

"I know what she said about Al and Hank wasn't the nicest but tensions were running high."

"I know and she did apologise to me."

"What did she say?"

"Said how sorry she was for being rude and how she kept trying to push me away."

"You two have a good bond, don't break it."

"I won't. Now let's head to bed, I'm tired."

"Yeah. Me too. Oh, Kat also admitted that it was her father who set the house on fire to cover his tracks."

"We had a feeling but weren't too sure. Kelly said he would write up the case report in the morning and that he would keep Kat's name out of it."

"Okay. Thanks, bro. Night." Said Jay as he waved me off and then went into his bedroom.

I walked into my bedroom after saying night to Jay. I got changed quickly before dumping myself on the bed and drifting off to bed.