Nightmares

"Stop! No! Please!" Screamed Kat, waking me up.

Quickly, I got out of bed, stumbling around in the dark. I went to pull open my door but forgot to move my foot and stubbed my toe on the door.

"Ow." I whispered as I ran over to Kat's bedroom.

When I swung open the door, she was shaking and grabbing onto her duvet. There was sweat dripping from her forehead as she screamed and squirmed around.

I climbed onto the bed and wrapped my hands around hers, giving her a hug from the back.

"Stop! Get off!" She shouted.

"Shh, Kat. It's me Jay. You're having a nightmare."

She woke up and sat up, covered in sweat. She was breathing heavily as she looked around the room and saw a shadow in the corner of her room. I knew it was Will because he had told me that if he was woken up, he would grab a cold towel to cool Kat down.

She picked up something from the floor and lobbed it at his head. Will dropped to the floor, holding his head as he reached for the lamp. Kat looked down at Will and then the slipper as she let out a small laugh.

"Sorry, Will."

"It's okay." He said and walked off to the bathroom.

"You okay, kid?" I asked.

"Hmm? Yeah."

"What's up, Kat?"

"I don't who it was. It was just a figure. He attacked you."

"Me?"

"Yeah because you are the closest one to me. The one who makes me feel safe."

"I'm so sorry, Kat for what I said. Your nightmares are never and never will be an inconvenience."

"I know. You were just trying to get me to talk to someone."

"I was. I'm sorry, Kat."

"It's okay. Will, what is that?"

"It's a cold towel. You are sweating." Said Will as he came over and lightly dabbed it on Kat's face.

"Are you okay to go to sleep by yourself or-"

"Can you stay? Please?" She asked, cutting me off which I didn't care about because I could tell just how scared she was to be alone.

"Do you want me to stay?" Asked Will.

"If you want. It's up to you."

"Yeah. I don't want to be alone and away from you guys." He said.

"Alright but you have the floor."

"What? How is this fair?"

"Get comfy." Laughed Kat as she laid back down to sleep.

It was now four in the morning when Kat woke up again, screaming. This time, she woke up and checked her body as if she had been stabbed and then she got out of bed and ran to the bathroom, throwing up.

Will woke up and followed her into the bathroom to hold her hair back.

He gave me a strange look as I just shrugged my shoulders and went to sit on the bathroom floor.

"You guys should go back to bed. You have work tomorrow." Coughed Kat.

"Nope. We are staying up with you. Why were you sick?" I asked.

"I don't know." She lied.

"Kat, what did you see."

"There was just so much blood. It wouldn't stop and then I was covered in it."