For godsake

~Mentions of Self Harm~

I looked at Kat and then gave her a small smile before my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"For godsake." I said.

"What's up?" Asked Kat.

"I have to go back to work. We got the wrong guy."

"Go. I'll be okay."

"Come with me to work."

"Is Bella going to be there?"

"I don't know. Please."

"Fine. Let me just grab my stuff."

"I've got a heart." Said Hermann as Kat went to leave.

"That's good otherwise you would be dead." Said Kat.

"No, silly. On my phone."

"You mean a like?" She asked.

"Yeah. That." He said.

"Nice. Hopefully, you'll get more." Said Kat and then waved goodbye to everyone.

"How was your test?" I asked her as I pulled into the garage.

"It was good. I think I did well." She responded, climbing out of the car.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Josh and I were comparing answers after we had handed them in. Most of them were the same but then again we both could of got it wrong."

"Hey, don't think like that. You are both smart kids."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Guess? You're a flipping genius."

"I wouldn't go that far." Muttered Bella under her breath as Kat walked past her.

"Hey, I'm going to do my homework in the breakroom."

"Okay. Can you make me a coffee?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. Anyone else want a coffee?" Asked Kat towards everyone.

"Yes please." Everyone replied.

"Bella?" She asked.

"What?" She responded.

"Do you want a hot drink?"

"I'm fine, thanks."

*Kat's Pov*

I was in the breakroom making coffee when Bella walked in. She dumped herself down in her seat and then looked over my math homework before moving to look at chemistry.

"That's my chemistry notes. You can copy them if you want."

"You don't even need them."

"Bella, please can you drop this. I haven't made a decision or even mentioned it to Jay."

"You seemed pretty sure with what you wanted."

"What is your problem? You haven't got anyone looking. It's just me and you."

"Your outfit is my problem."

"I'm sorry?" I laughed and finished making the coffees.

"You should be. That outfit is burning my eyes."

"God, I didn't know you could be such a bitch."

"How's the dad situation going?"

"We talked it out."

"Wow, you're finally moving in with Hank."

"What? No. He doesn't mind what I call him."

"Jay doesn't deserve you."

"No, you don't deserve me. I think you are forgetting that I did cpr on you when you were bleeding out."

"Yeah after I took the blame for you."

"I didn't ask you to."

"I know but you always have to have be the centre of attention. You always have to be injured more than me."

"What the hell, Bella?"

"Oh sorry, are you struggling to grasp that you are just some lonely attention seeker."

"You know what, cut the shit. What the hell is going on with you?"

"I don't like you. You were just the only one I was stuck with so many years. I'm suprised my dad didn't pay me to hang out with you. You are so annoying."

"Bella?" I choked out as I struggled to hold back tears.

"Stay the hell away from me, freak." She snapped.

I was carrying some cups of coffee out the door when she took the rest of the coffee pot and poured it over my chemistry notes as well as my maths homework. I just stayed still and took a deep breath. I walked out to Antonio and Kim with their coffees and flashed them a fake smile as I put them down.

"Are you okay?" Asked Kim as I went to walk away.

"Who? Me." I asked and Kim nodded. "Oh yeah, I'm fine."

I walked back into the room and picked up my homework, looking for a bin but there wasn't one. I scooped the soggy paper up and walked out of the breakroom, chucking it in Jay's bin.

I went back in and then handed the rest of the coffees out before I went to get back on with my homework.

I texted Josh for the math questions and waited for him to get back to me. In the meantime, I got on with some science revision but I struggled to focus because Bella kept staring at me.

"You can't swim." She said.

"What?"

"You can't swim."

"Yes I can."

"Then why did you nearly drown?"

"I already told you."

"Okay."

"Why have we fallen out?"

"Because you won't go to NYU."

"You are a teenager. I'm not going to be there to hold your hand at every moment. You can make decisions for yourself and clearly you've already made one."

"Yeah I have. You are bitch in ugly clothing with a boyfriend who feels sorry for you. He only cares about you because you were nearly killed. I think you're forgetting when he made you cut your chin and he said things about you."

"He said things about us."

"Why are you with him then?"

"Because he apologised and stuck up for me when everyone found out about the self harm."

"God, you really are a freak."

"How do you think people would react if they find out that you used to self harm on your thighs? You are exactly the same as me but I've chosen to accept that I made a few mistakes in my life. And ruining my body just so I could feel some other sort of pain was wrong of me."

"Listen, stay away from me. Yeah?"

"Happily."

"God that bruise really makes your face look uglier." She said.

At the moment, I had lost my shit and was struggling to hold in the anger. I stood up and looked her in the eyes.

"Make up can fix my face, there isn't enough plastic surgery in the world to fix yours."

"Take that back."

"Don't give an insult if you don't know how to take one back."

"You are pathetic. Just like your father."

I just swung. And I didnt regret it. I swung again. This time it was harder. She dropped to the floor, holding her nose that was dripping with blood.