★ TWO

it was already loud enough inside the room, but leaving it showed it was only a muffled version of the chaos outside. music blasted and kids seemed to all be left unmonitored. though a small crowd caught your attention, they were gathered around a tall figure, with an iconic top hat and bowtie.

you wanted to introduce yourself right away.

"Well, I am sure that you will make a great doctor when you grow up!" The bear raised his robotic paw to pat the little boy on the head, "Remember, it will be difficult, but you can do it!"

the boy hugged him and asked, "who's that?"

Freddy turned around and raised a confused brow, "ah, security."

You nodded solemnly, "Hello."

"I thought you were not ready?" he tipped his top hat as a greeting gesture and smiled. "but hello to you too!"

with introductions out of the way, you felt underwhelmed by his presence, might be a superiority complex but your programming felt like he didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. you waited patiently for a handshake from him and he returned it with a firm grasp and a genuine smile, throwing you off a little. you can't smile, not with how you're built.

"will be watching over your shows from now on, call me [Y/N] K9." and he nodded, his weirdly cute ears twitching.

you felt as though you've been reading into it a little too much, he does have a memorable face that's for sure. quite adorable, actually.

"Well, I will be going now. routine maintenance!" with a solemn nod waved goodbye as went to his personal room that's next to yours. very convenient. he seems to be the one with the most experience here.

the couple of children gathered gave you strange stares then ran off to play somewhere else. You shrugged it off and figured they'd get used to you sooner or later whether they like it or not.

You set off towards the main atrium to begin your daily routine. deciding to take the employees-only tunnels, you went down the dimly lit stairwell. at the bottom, you bumped into a Staff Bot that was mindlessly sweeping. it gave you a blank, unimpressed stare then continued its work. you lifted your tail a little higher up in hopes of keeping it clean too.

reaching the main entrance, you gaze up and down at the statue built. and wouldn't you know it, it's Freddy. can't beat what's been the face of this company since its beginning.

"Mom!" A little girl squealed, pulling her mother by the sleeves. "Mom, can we take a picture?"

"Is that... new?" the woman looked confused, but agreed and let her daughter stand next to you while she pulled out her phone to take a photo. not sure what to do. you stood stiffly and simply tipped your security hat as a halfhearted pose.

"What's your name?" The girl asked.

"K9 [Y/N], pleased to meet you." Such professionalism should've threw the girl off but she giggled and hugged you. "dear, I'm needed somewhere else at the moment."

"Do you shoot bad guys?"

She somehow managed to force a smile out of you. "only if i had no choice."

"alright. sweetie. time to go." The mother held her daughters hand and looked like she was checking the time on her phone. maybe she bought a ticket to the show and it's starting soon.

"Ay, officer!" a clawed hand was then gently placed on your shoulder. "There you are."