Thirteen

The empty corridor held nothing but a dull atmosphere, a forgotten part of the building, not even the staff bots bothered to clean here, probably because they were told not to, yet heather was thrown here to work, it feels unfair, she deserves a better environment to work in.

But you held onto positive thoughts, she must be smiling to herself as she repaired bonnie, her excitement always calmed you, you're proud of yourself for making her that happy.

She can probably figure this glitch out faster than the others, you hoped.

You heard crunching under your feet, you look down and it was the casing of a staff bot, what's this doing here? Maybe one of Monty's victims? At least that's what you heard, he gets unreasonably angry at these innocent bots.

Your hand brushed against the metal door, knocking twice, waiting for an answer, but there was nothing on the other side, your ears were low and glued to your head, you took a deep breath before knocking, again, nothing.

"Heather?" You worried for her, and finally, you decided to open the door.

An endoskeleton slouched against a wall, with a familiar purple casing, one bunny ear twitching while the other was missing, neon purple eyes staring into the empty void, it felt like you were in a room with a lifeless body.

"Bonnie..." You mumbled and stared with curiosity, his vibrant colors stood out against the gray walls.

But a smell caught you, a rotten metallic smell, you cursed yourself for having such a sensitive nose and followed it, "Heather...?"

Your arms dwelled useless at your side, your gaze was glued to it, there she is, hunched over the same desk you visualized, yet something was off, is she sleeping?

You strolled towards her, the smell getting stronger by the second, you extended an arm that tried its best to do the opposite, "You should go home, the building is closing soon..." You Informed.

No response, she must've passed out from exhaustion, but you heard low dripping, and it never stopped, you moved her, pushing the chair to the side.

A puddle of red sprouting in her chest, she was bleeding profusely, you moved her glasses, her eyes dull, streaks of tears running down her face, and in her hand was a purple bunny ear, her grip loosened as it slowly fell from her hand and onto the floor with a loud clatter.

You struggled to make a coherent thought, your shaky hand went behind your ear to call for backup,
"Heather!" Your hand went back to her soon after, trying your best to find a sign of life, anything!

She can't die yet! She was so close!

Scratch that, it's you who needs her back, everything was going so well, what happened?!

"No, no, no.." You pinched the rim of her white shirt before lifting it, the fabric was stuck to her skin from the moist blood, and with one last tug, it exposed a wound that could effortlessly fit a blade.

Useless! Your only job was to protect, yet your own creator is dead!

Jeremy rushed through the door, shoving it and letting it hit the wall with a loud bang, his eyes wide, "Shit...Hurry!" He called the rest of the employees who were standing outside the room, too scared to act.

You were instantly forced to the side as numerous workers enclosed her pale body.

You failed her.