Sixteen

10k o.,;mg,,

His awkward and rigid posture when you explained the plan made him seem against the idea, you waited for him to say something, it's obvious he would raise objections to your plan, and you had to find a way to assure him nobody is getting hurt.

"Moon? Seriously?!" Monty complained on the way, "Good luck getting outta there alive because I'm not involving myself!" He protested.

Roxy gave him a sly smile, "Coward." She said, and Monty was immediately offended.

"You're the one who wanted to follow me." You added, shrugging, and turning to Freddy who also forced himself to go with you.

"Moon won't hurt them, I think..." Freddy's confidence drained, leaving his reassuring words to turn into worry, "Nobody knows what's wrong with him, one poor employee got caught up in his new security system and was badly hurt, he later quit his job" Freddy said, making Chica's usual upbeat tone fade.

"Now I'm having second thoughts!" She yelled, "Oh, [Y/n]! Isn't there any other way?!" She caught up to you, walking beside you as she panicked.

"Why do you need to talk to him anyway...?" Roxy asked, stretching her arms and letting her tail perk up.

"He's good at hiding, so I'm assuming you're planning to use that talent of his?" Freddy said, you smiled, he now understands.

You arrived at superstar daycare, the luminous colors conveying a sinister tone in the dark, the front doors seemed to be inviting you in, yet letting you know you'll deeply regret it, "He must be in there, be careful, turn the lights on in case of danger." Freddy said, giving you a vague idea of how he works.

The moon and the sun, share a body, why they chose that design? you'll never know, you're starting to blame management and their dumb decisions, you're not that blunt most of the time but they deserve to be called out.

"Hand me my flashlight, I'm going in." You declared.

Stepping into the colorful room, the entrance shut behind you with a loud thud, "[Y/n]?! [Y/n]!" Chica yelled, banging her fists against the door.

"Let me do it," Monty said, raising his claw.

"Monty! No!" You yelled, "Don't break the door! I'll be fine!" You said, knowing that you'll never hear the end of it once management finds a door ripped open.

And you don't wanna barge in on Moon, the last thing you wanna do is make yourself seem like a threat, "They'll be fine..." Roxy said, keeping Chica away from the door.

With one frustrated shake the flashlight worked, not being much of an assistance but at least you can see what was in front of you, it was like searching for a spider in the dark, you were beginning to doubt he was here—

Until you heard laughter from behind you, turning on your heel you frantically searched, but still nothing.

He's here, he just enjoys messing with you.

You saw a glint of red in the corner of your eye, it went by so fast you could've easily overlooked it, but you saw it, you quickly flashed your light on it, and something abruptly moved next to the countless toys scattered on the floor and was hidden behind the giant bear plush that you can see a kid hurting themselves if they tried to climb it.

He finally decided to show himself.

"It's past your bedtime—" He said before ceasing to look closer, "You shouldn't be here." He added.

"You're Moon?" You asked to confirm.

"I am Moon." He echoed.

"Listen, I need your help, would you be willing to work with me?"

After what seemed like hours of stillness you could feel his thin smile grow, you can sense that he knows why you were here, "Promise me this in return."

You nodded, "Go ahead."

"That you won't stop me."

You scrunched up your face in puzzlement, "What's that supposed to mean?"

He tilts his head in what you guessed is him mocking you, "We do it my way, or else I'm not helping."

"Fine"

He descends and lands on his feet, getting closer, "Lead the way, starlight." He gestured at the door, waiting for you to go.

Just in time, they swung open, letting you out, can he control it? Why though?! Who thought giving him the ability to lock the door would be a great idea?! You shook your head trying not to overthink it, at least you can get out without smashing the door.

"—[Y/n]!-Ah!" Chica screamed, hiding behind Roxy, "...Oh hey Moon!" She said with a shaky voice.

"Didn't expect that you can easily lure him out of the room..." Roxy said.

Monty adjusted his sunglasses, "So now what." He sneered.

Standing in the middle of them all you inhaled before deciding to finally explain, "I'll only say this once, so please listen—Vanessa was the reason Bonnie disappeared, it all started with him passing out in the utility tunnels, only for him to be fixed by Vanessa, the same thing happened to me, and recently I've been hearing things, I assumed it was nothing at first, but they got violent later on—"

"Hold on, are you saying the same thing might happen to you?" Monty asked.

"It's possible, but that doesn't mean I'll just let it happen, I can use this to my advantage."

"You're using yourself as bait?!" Freddy exclaimed, surprising you.

"Yeah, [Y/n], that sounds like a bad idea..." Roxy Said.

"Alright, there is a slight chance that I might get hurt, but if that means we can catch her red-handed, it's worth it." There was more to the story that only you and Freddy know—if you stop her the disappearances will correspondingly stop.

———

I wanna do it, but I can't or else I'll lose focus