Twenty four

"I'm tired," Gregory complained.

You, Jeremy, Bonnie, and Gregory were all standing still in the elevator. You sighed and realized that it was time you stop being vague and stubborn and turned to stare at the posters. "They're missing, all of them," you said. "What you saw, Gregory, that was not me. It was a clone."

"That's why I had a headache just looking at you..." He added.

"Where did the clone take them?" Bonnie asked. Concern rose in his voice.

"A place that's been bothering me ever since I was made," You muttered. "The map is glitched and it's only showing me Roxy Raceway."

"The sinkhole?" Jeremy said. Proud of himself that he figured it out. "I remember management sent down a group of people to investigate, still haven't heard from them..." He trailed off, realizing how messed up that was.

"But we can't get in there anymore!" Gregory said as though he tried it himself.

"I can. It's a level 10, I have it."

Gregory just stared at you wide-eyed. Like you had the answer to all his problems. "Could've used that..."

"Huh?"

"Nothing!"

The elevator door opened and they all stepped out, waiting for you. You walked ahead of them and lead the group to Roxy Raceway. "So... What's the gun for?" Gregory pointed out.

Your ears dropped and you thought about it. Self-defense.

"You're not planning on hurting them, right?" Gregory asked again.

"I plan to do what I have to do," you said. Signaling to him that this conversation is over.

You stood in front of the metal folding door. Letting the automatic door recognize your badge. It swung open and it startled Jeremy. You walked in and looked down at the cracked race track, it's been like this for a while. The fake and grand mountains circled the raceway giving it an outdoor feel.

"Are you lost?"

"[Y/n]...?" Gregory poked you.

You were already looking at her. Roxy was laser-focused on you and you alone. Her paws are in front of her as though she's ready to jump at you. You pushed Gregory behind you and flicked your tail to the left. "Go, Jeremy, you lead them to the sinkhole," You aimed. "I'll handle her."

"...on it boss!" He yelled as he grabbed Gregory's hand and ran. Bonnie stayed behind you.

"Bonnie...?" You could feel his presence behind you.

"I'm not going anywhere," He said.

Roxy growled at you and started sprinting toward you. "Sorry Roxy," You whispered.

...

Gregory turned on his heel to watch as Jeremy tried tugging him away, a gunshot echoed and he could feel dread building up in his stomach. He saw Roxy, clawing at her right eye that was shot at and she was standing in front of K9, she was hurt yet she still attempted to attack as Bonnie grabbed her and kept her from moving, he could see that Bonnie was careful, and did not want to damage her anymore.

K9 yelled something and Bonnie nodded his head, opening a food stall window and throwing her in there, locking it, and watching as she started banging against the metal door. Makeshift cage. He thought.

"Hope that's an easy fix," Jeremy said as he forced Gregory to run.

Jeremy grabbed a doorknob and opened it with a loud bang as it slammed against a wall, the dark stairs creeping him out as a rotten smell grew around him. He reached for his flashlight and scanned the area. "Last chance to turn back," He told Gregory.

Gregory shook his head. "No! Freddy is in there!" He exclaimed.

"Hope the daycare attendant isn't there too.." He trailed off. Jeremy was still scared of Moon, still wondering how it's allowed near children.

"Go!" You yelled at them as you pushed them to the side and turned on your flashlight, shining it at the stairs and going down as the darkness consumed you.

Bonnie walked behind them and shrugged at their aggressiveness. Their friends are missing, what do you expect? He told himself.

Gregory followed to make sure he isn't left in the dark, and Jeremy was the last one to enter, still, second-guessing this.

He jumped when he heard a loud thunderous noise. He reached the bottom of the stairs and the source was K9 using their claws to rip open the fence. They reached a service elevator and it looked distraught. "Doesn't look safe," He said.

Gregory was more focused on the building that was caving in around him, the fake mountains were seeping through the cracks like large spikes.

"This thing can survive one trip, if we go in we can't go up," Bonnie said.

"Doesn't matter," Gregory said. "If it means we can stop whatever that is... We can prevent more children from going missing!" He clenched his fists.

"If you want to stay, stay," You stepped into the elevator and turned to face them. "I understand your fear—"

"—We are all going!" Bonnie entered with you as his frown turned into a smile.

"Y-Yeah..." Jeremy copied his tone and entered.

Gregory looked determined and he stepped in as well. 

"No turning back," You said. And the elevator shut its doors as it went down, deeper into the building.