Twenty eight

A/n: so sorry, life's been continuously stabbing me and exams just added fuel to the fire.
Anyway, happy pride month.
//

He expected it. He knew you'd dodge it.

It was the first time he saw true fear in you, you were always taking the lead. Always knew what to do. You had authority over everyone. The only emotions he saw from you were eerily calm or frustration, So why now? Did it finally get to you?

His fist landed next to your head, barely scratching you. His eyes flickered to red as you heard a loud crack next to your ear, the wall breaking under his fist. You knew he would not hesitate to attack again so for now you needed to stay calm and see if you can undo what the glitch did.

Without warning he grabbed your neck and lifted you, you clawed at his arm until he dropped you. Your gun fell next to your head but before you could snatch it your arms were pinned down. He looked hesitant, you knew he was still in there somewhere.

His grip loosened as his eyes returned to normal, and you took the chance.

You quickly take and tighten the grip on your gun and swing it full-force at Monty's head, knocking him to the ground. He lets out a loud thud as he hits the concrete, and you can see a dent in his head. He's dazed for a moment, and you take the opportunity to run as fast as you can.

You hear Monty roaring and chasing after you, but you manage to make a sharp turn before he swung his claws again. You collapse against the wall, panting heavily. Without thinking, you grab your wrist and dig your claws into it. And before Monty could touch you, he freezes in his spot.

He grunts in what seems like pain, going limp, you reached out and held him before he could fall. "Monty?..." You feel yourself losing your grip due to his overwhelming weight. "Monty!"

His eyes opened slowly, you helped him stand as he took a second to process his surroundings. "K9...? I'm so... sorry." He said weakly. "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

You smiled. "It's fine. Sorry about... the dent."

He gave a light chuckle as he caressed the noticeable dent. "I've been through worse."

"I doubt it." You helped him walk.

"You'd be surprised..." He mused. "Fido..."

"Hey!"

"Kidding."

...

"[Y/N]?!" Gregory called out.

"Would you lower your voice? I can't detect them when you're yelling..." Bonnie grumbled, seeming dissatisfied with his ears. "I can't... they're too damaged."

"It's fine, buddy." Jeremy was panicking silently as well, but the last thing he wants to do is make the situation more tense. "K9 will be fine, they're the bravest person I know!"

Freddy was beyond worried, you're in danger, how could he let this happen?! You were so close to him and he somehow lost you... Again!

He sighed and kept his chin up, this won't bring you back, he has to keep going. Surely there's another way to get to you, he can only hope you don't run into trouble. Your safety meant everything to him, he can't bear the simple thought of you getting hurt. You risked so much and got nothing in return. The least he can do is protect you the same way you protect them.

"Freddy...?" Gregory spoke softly. "Are you okay?"

"I am okay," He ruffled his hair. "We can find them, superstar, I know we can."

"Right... You're right!" Gregory said with newfound confidence. "[Y/N]?!" He yelled once more.

...

"Listen, I think we already went this way." Monty has been nothing but a weight you had to carry around, but honestly, you'd rather have him as company than be on your own.

"We did...?" You closed your eyes. "My memory is messed up..."

"Maybe I should take the lead."

You felt utterly useless at this point, so you gestured for him to go ahead. He did with no hesitation and walked as though he's been here thousands of times before. "Where are the others?" He asked, looking over his shoulder.

"I got separated, now I have to find another way to them." You felt the world crumble around you, you wouldn't be surprised if the ceiling decided to fall. "I thought my job was simple, I'm so lost, what happened?"

Monty paused, as though attempting to find the right words. "You're doing great, your issue is that you refuse help." He placed a hand on your shoulder. "So let me help. Know that we're in this with you."

"I'm not a good person, you shouldn't help me."

"Vanessa is long gone, and it's not your fault. Whatever that thing was, it was after you and it used her as a catalyst." He picked you up with ease. "You look like you've been through hell and back, I'll carry you."

You relaxed. "We both look awful."

"Because you swung a goddamn gun at my head."

"You pinned me to the floor! I had to."

"I did...? I mean I can do it again if you want to."

"Please don't."