⎼⎼⌞chapter twelve⌝⎼⎼

"Up and at 'em Bellas! C'mon, let's go! Get out of bed!" I shot out of bed to the sound of Aubrey shouting outside of tent all of us grumbling as we began stumbling out of the tent.

"Let's go! Let's wake up! Let's do this! C'mon pick up the pace girls!" Aubrey continued shouting as we all lined up. Looking across the camp you can see the actual guests enjoying champagne breakfast.

"Today, we are going back to the basics to re-learn how to sing as a group." Aubrey said as we all stretched and yawned

"How do we do that?" Cynthia asked while rubbing her eyes.

"By drawing inspiration from female groups of the past who had great harmony. Through their example, you will rediscover your sound." Aubrey said excitedly. "...While also enduring death defying team building trust exercises."

"What a great idea!" Chloe said pointedly as she turned to Beca still trying to prove that this wasn't a complete waste of time. The rest of us shooting each other absurd glances.

Aubrey lead us all over to a large log and ordered us all to get on it and stand on it side by side. Staci held out her hand towards me as she helped me get balanced as I stepped up.

"Good. Now re-arrange yourselves alphabetically without touching the ground! Now! Go!" Aubrey shouted as I groaned realizing I was in the middle and would have to squeeze over to one of the ends. All of us began moving around each other at once causing us all to topple like dominos. Flo, trying to squeeze past Jessica causing Jessica to instinctively reach her hand out towards me, the both of us toppling to the floor backwards.

"That knocked the wind out of me." I said as I groaned while sitting up.

"Sorry." Jessica said sheepishly as she held her hand out for me. We all hopped back on our spots on the log and reminded each other to all go one at a time. Once Aubrey decided we pulled it off well enough she steered us over to three tire swings somewhat side by side to each other.

"Alright, each of you have to get to the other side while using the swings without touching the ground." Aubrey explained, "Who's first?"

All of us swung to the other side with not many difficulties, except for Amy who decided to hang on the tire swings instead of attempting to jump from each one. We were then steered over to another obstacle course that looked similar to a climbing wall except it was only rope. Aubrey then instructed us to get each of us through without touching any rope. We all went turns laying flat as the others would pick us up and try to slowly slide each other through. Everyone went through easily, but somehow Lily managed to get completely tangled up.

"She says she's asian Jesus!" Amy exclaimed as we all shook our heads as we tried to help Lily out from the tangled rope. Our next task was a climbing wall and we each took turns climbing over it.

"Flo, you're up." Aubrey says as we all turn to Flo.

"No. I respect the ground too much." Flo said shaming her head as she stared at the large climbing wall.

"Ladies. Your task is to figure out how to get Flo up this wall." Aubrey said, clearly very determined to make every single one of us climb. Flo then sits on the ground and Amy kneels beside her.

"Get her!" Amy shouts loudly, as we all turn to each other before springing over to Flo. We all pick her up and carry her over to the climbing wall, except Flo immediately goes limp and collapses to the ground. We all groan as we sit there for a while trying to find a way to get her up. However, Aubrey must have other plans as she quickly dismisses it and drags us over to the giant lake.

"Alright, who wants to jump and who wants to get tossed?" Aubrey said as we stare at the large blob bounce in the lake positioned under a large high tower.