⎼⎼⌞chapter seven⌝⎼⎼

"So? Are you excited?" I asked Donald as he zipped up his final bag, before plopping down beside me on his bed.

"To spend spring break with your family? I am over the moon babe." He said sarcastically as I scoffed and smacked his chest playfully.

"You better be."

"Cassie! Cassie!" I heard the little voice of Tommy making it's way up the stairs along with the sound of every door in the hall being opened and slammed shut as he tried to find us. Squealing in excitement once he finally opened the right door.

"Hi Donald! CASSIE!" Tommy said innocently to Donald before darting over to me and wrapping me into a hug.

"C'mon, let's go! This is gonna be the best birthday ever!" Tommy squealed as he grabbed my arm and tried yanking me towards the door.

"Woah, woah, woah. You are moving fast little man." I said as I followed him back downstairs to where Donald and my dad were.

"That's not what she's saying, but by all means go ahead." I heard Daniel saying as I trudged over to the pair. Donald making his way down the stairs with his bag.

"What is who saying?" I asked as my dad turned to me ready to explain everything.

"The other day your mom was like, 'you have to move your car theres no space in the garage for both of our cars' and what she's really saying is that, you know, I should probably get a sports car." My dad explained with a serious face as I stared at him baffled.

"I don't— you know what, go for it." I began saying before shaking my head once I realized I would get absolutely nowhere.

"Daddy! Tell them about how you're throwing a big party for my birthday!" Tommy said excitedly as my dad nodded and began explaining to us the different things he was renting to throw Tommy a party in the front yard while we made our way back into the car. We all squeezed in as we prepared for the nice road trip ahead of us. I couldn't help but let out a small screech when I heard rapid tapping on the car window beside me. I turned to see who it was only to see Bumper's face being shoved against the glass.

"Where's this party headed to? Let's just open this right on up." Bumper asked as through the glass as he made his way to the trunk and tried opening it.

"Bumper, what are you doing?" I asked, rolling the window down to watch as he popped back up from the back of the trunk.

"Spending spring break with you guys? Parents decided to take a trip to Cabo, no big deal, who needs them." Bumper answered as if it was the the dumbest question ever.

"We don't have any spare beds." I warned him as I raised my eyebrows up, waiting for him to decide against coming with us.

"Don't need one, I'll just curl up on the floor, like a little cat. A cat with parents who don't love them." Bumper continued, clearly bothered that his parent didn't want to spend time with him over break.

"Well you can have the couch, right dad?" I awkwardly asked as my dad nodded along.

"The more the merrier." My dad exclaimed happily as Bumper only sighed.

"How do you open this stupid trunk." Bumper mumbled as he continued fiddling with it before my dad pressed the button to automatically open it. Bumper threw his bag in the bag before shutting the trunk and making his way into the car.

***

"Hi, mom." I said as we both awkwardly greeted each other, things haven't improved between us at all since freshmen year.

"Hello, Cassie. Donald. Boy I don't know." My mom said nodding towards the three of us. All of us quickly taking our bags upstairs towards my room.