⎼⎼⌞chapter fifteen⌝⎼⎼

"Two more hours." Staci groaned as I sighed and nodded, while she filled up another fountain drink. The evening continued as we began getting swamped during lunch rush.

"Hello, sir." I said with my customer service voice as the man pulled up to the window. "The person in front of you actually paid for your meal today."

"Oh." He said nodding his head in surprise.

"Yeah, it's a part of some kindness train. They've been doing it all day today." I said as Staci handed the order over to me.

"Oh... Well every train has a caboose I guess." He said shrugging awkwardly as I tried not to grin.

"Here you go." I said letting out a small chuckle as I handed him the food through the window and watched him take off.

"Thank God." I muttered under my breath as Staci nodded as I peeked at my phone seeing a notification from Bumper.

Bumper
Getting tommy a tonehanger shirt, what size?

Cassie
I would beg you not to, but hes a youth medium

Bumper
I didn't ask if he was a child psychic, I'm asking what size shirt he wears

"I thought that rush was never going to end." Staci sighed, while I chuckled before locking my phone. We began making our way over to the counter, praying the lunch rush was over and to have some peace for a small moment.

"I am so tired, I stayed up all night studying for my final exam." I said yawning as I leant over on to the counter.

"I know your light kept me up all night. What were you even studying?"

"Statistics or physics, I can't remember." I shrugged before my eyes widened in horror. "Oh, that can not be good."

"Sounds like that was a waste of your time." Staci snickered.

"Hey! I've been stood here for damn near five minutes. Will one of you just take my damn order?!" We both jumped up in shock as we turned to the voice. Staci scoffing at the man, as I tried to think about when he could have possibly stepped inside.

"Why don't we try that again, sir?" Staci said, raising her eyebrows expectantly as she awaited his response.

"Never mind... I'll be leaving a bad review of this place." The older gentleman said scoffing as he stared at us in disgust.

"Oh nooooo, we'll shut down for sure!" I muttered sarcastically as I rolled my eyes, while the man glared and stomped out.

"Daniel said he was thinking about flying out to watch us perform at World's." Staci went back to talking as if nothing happened.

"Isn't that so sweet?" She continued with a blush on her face as I smiled.

"Does this mean he'll finally man up and ask you out?" I asked her as I leaned on the counter. "I mean you guys have been on and off flirting since sophomore year."

"A part of me is a bit nervous if he does, you know I've never been in a serious relationship." Staci sighed as she thought about it.

"Neither has he." I said shrugging, as I began walking back to the kitchen to grab my bag.

"Oh my— Staci!!" I shouted loudly as I stared at the floor drain beginning to clog.

"What?" Staci asked before letting out a gasp as she saw the water all over the floor. "How did— you know what, no."

"What do you mean no?" I said confused as I stared at her in confusion.

"I mean no. We get off in ten minutes. This...? We never saw this." Staci said shaking her head as she pointed at the water surrounding the clogged drain.