⎼⎼⌞chapter one⌝⎼⎼

"Daniel said I looked hot but only with six exclamation points, should I be worried?" Staci asked me as she tilted her phone so I could see her message thread.

"Gross. I do not want to here about the flirting between you and my brother." I said gagging as she snickered.

"Barden Bella's to the stage, Barden Bella's to the stage." A voice from outside our changing room said as we all quickly put our things down while fiddling with our hair or costumes.

"I'm just so excited to finally get back on campus tomorrow, I mean it'll be our final year before graduation. It's so bittersweet." I said as we began our walk onto the side of the stage before we got called on.

"Me too, i just hope the time doesn't fly by as fast as the last three years." Staci said as I nodded along with her.

"Let's just forget about it for now and make this performance really count, I mean seriously, the freaking president is here." Staci said and I chuckled before making our way to our places and striking our starting poses as we waited for the signal to begin.

"They say you're a freak when we're having fun. Saying must be high when we spreading love, but we're just living life and we'll never stop. We got the world, we got the world." We sang in synchronization before the lights began flashing different colors.

"It's going down, I'm yelling timber. You better move, you better dance. Let's make a night, you won't remember. I'll be the one, you won't forget." We changed songs as we all began dancing across the stage, quickly livening up the crowd.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall. This biggity boy's a diggity dog. I have 'em like Miley Cyrus, clothes off. Twerking in their bras and thongs, timber. Face down, booty up, timber. That's the way we like the what, timber. I'm slicker than an oil spill. She say she won't, but I bet she will, timber." Cynthia Rose rapped as Staci jumped in every now and then to sing certain back up vocals with her.

"It's going down, I'm yelling timber. You better move, you better dance. Let's make a night, you won't remember. I'll be the one, you won't forget." We sang as Flo began doing flips across the stage, before we all paused in out places, flipping the script again.

"From sea to shining sea." We all paused as we placed our hands over our hearts as Amy the curtains open, revealing Amy descending from the ceiling to the audience.

"I came in like a wrecking ball. I never hit so hard in love. All I wanted was to break your walls. All you ever did was wreck me. I came in like a wrecking ball. Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung, left me crashing in a blazing fall. All you ever did was wreck me. Yeah, you, you wreck me." Amy sang as she twirled, all of us running around with ribbons, nearly finishing the set before we all abruptly paused after hearing Amy begin screaming in terror.

"Oh my gosh." I muttered as she began falling before catching herself with the flowing material, her leotard ripping open as her bare butt cheeks were exposed to the entire crowd that gasped in shock.

"Oh my god." Chloe shouted as we all paused, the crowd covering their children's eyes. Staci continued spinning around with her ribbon completely oblivious to what was happening behind her. Amy began turning around causing the crowd to start screaming as the flag began lowering behind us.

"Avert your eyes or take it all in! Make your choice!" Amy shouted as she turned, the crowd screaming in horror once she finally faced the crowd.

"We definitely made this performance count." I muttered to myself as I watched Staci continuing to twirl her ribbon and spin around stage.

***

"Dan get your foot off my side of the car!" I whined as started kicking his foot back to the middle of the car. We were all crammed in to my parents car, driving back to start my final year at Barden University.