⎼⎼⌞chapter fourteen⌝⎼⎼

"What exactly are you doing here?" I asked Bumper as he stood in the hallway, his eyes glued to the staircase. He was dressed in all black and tried hiding behind my doorway so whoever was coming up the steps wouldn't see him.

"Shh. I'm surprising Amy." He whispered, his eyes still glued to the stairs.

"I don't think she meant—"

"Shh! Shh!" Bumper said as his eyes widened and he ducked behind my doorway before jumping out into the hall as he shouted 'boo'.

"AHH!" I heard Amy shout as I heard her tumble down the stairs, gasping I quickly made my way over to the hallway. Amy groaning as she sat up at the bottom of the stairs while Bumper stood up top grinning like a mad man.

"Gotcha! Oh that was good!" Bumper said laughing as Amy hobbled back up the stairs with a glare on her face.

"What the hell are you doing?" Amy said as she finally made her way back up.

"Surprising you like you wanted." Bumper shrugged as he looked at her confused.

"I was talking about a romantic surprise like flowers or a nice dinner out!"

"Oh, I misunderstood. Don't feel bad that you didn't explain yourself as well as you should of." Bumper said shrugging with absolutely zero remorse, I raised my eyebrows as I watched their bickering begin to ensue while I crept down the stairs.

As I finally made my way down the stairs I finally managed to meet Beca and Emily at the door waiting for me. They were going to show off their new song to the producer, while I decided I'd go clean out my locker. After a short drive of gossiping and talking about future plans we finally made it to the building.

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Beca asked as I nodded, "I'll leave the door unlocked for you in case."

We made our way inside, Beca and Emily going straight towards the booth while I discreetly tried to make my way to the back room. I sighed in relief as I seemingly slipped in unnoticed. I grabbed my bag and began piling some of my stuff in, jumping up in terror when I heard the agonizing voice of Dax.

"Hey! You haven't been in for awhile." I heard directly behind me.

"Yup. Quitted." I said, not even giving him the satisfaction of turning around to face him.

"..Why?" I inwardly groaned as I zipped up my bag and shut the locker.

"You're seriously asking that?" I scoffed in disbelief, turning around as I began making my way out of the building. Dax following me as he rambled on and on. I tossed my key card on a random desk on the way out.

"Dax! Stop talking!" I shouted spinning around to shout at him. He stood there seeming genuinely confused while I turned back around and slid into Beca's car, locking it as I did so.

I groaned as I had to sit and listen to him tapping on the window as well as him attempting to talk to me through the glass. I looked at my phone realizing Beca and Emily would be inside for a bit longer. I sighed as I closed my eyes and covered my ears in attempt to drown out Dax's obnoxious shouting. However, his voice and tapping continued to be clear as day.

"Screw this." I mumbled, shuffling over to the other door and opening it as I got out of the car.

"Finally—" Dax began before I abruptly interrupted him

"Stuff it!" I shouted as I began walking home.

"Hold on... Wait. Where are you..." Dax trailed off before silence finally fell upon me.

"That's better." I said sighing in relief at the peace. I managed to make it two streets down before hearing loud insistent honking coming from behind me.