⎼⎼⌞chapter five⌝⎼⎼

"Anyone else scared?" Chloe whispered as we all stood outside the stranger's door after she knocked.

"Yeah. It's been six weeks since my last period." Staci said nodding her head as we all gave her a 'yikes' look.

"Not me, I already lived longer than I expected." Flo said casually as she shrugged her shoulders, all of us flinching back as the mail slot opened.

"Password?" A man said as we all looked at each other a bit confused.

"Fart noise?" Beca said furrowing her eyebrows wondering why exactly we were in this scenario.

"Did you not see the parentheses?" The man questioned, Beca slowly bringing her arm up to her mouth and making a fart noise. The door quickly unlocked as an older man greeted us.

"Bellas! So glad y'all came, c'mon in. Standing in front of you ladies, happens to be the world's biggest a cappella fan." The man said happily gesturing us inside.

"We found you." Beca said chuckling awkwardly, as I grabbed Staci's hand pulling her closer to me.

"Yes, hello, here I am." He said smiling as he just stared at us.

"What can we do for you?" Chloe asked as she glancing around the large mansion.

"So, last week, when I just happened to tinkle, it occurred to me—" He began explaining before completely freezing as he saw Amy lifting up a golden ceramic goose.

"Do not! Do not!" He yelled, yanking the goose from Amy's hands and placing it back down as Amy held her hands up defensively.

"Sorry, that was rude. You do not come to a gentleman's house and touch his goose." The guy said trying to cool down as he shook his head, clearly upset.

"So, are we early? Or..." Beca awkwardly trailed off waiting for a response.

"Actually, you're pretty late. C'mon, let's go!" He said opening a door that lead to God knows where. Staci squeezed my hand for reassurance as we began hearing the music getting louder as we went down.

"This is the big time." He said before yanking back the curtains at the bottom of the steps, revealing several other a cepella groups as the man disappears into the crowd.

"Oh, thank God." I said relieved as I dropped Staci's hand and placed mine over my chest.

"I bet there was cocaine in that goose." Staci whispered in my ear, as I lifted my eyebrows in thought before agreeing with her.

"Only a man who sells the white powder lives like this." Flo said, causing Staci to turn to me and smack me as she raised her eyebrows in an attempt to say 'I told you so'.

"Das Sound Machine, ten o'clock." Chloe says causing us all to turn to our left, yet not seeing DSM in our sight at all. We all spun around confused before seeing DSM coming slightly to our right.

"Two o'clock, Chloe. Are you failing clocks too?" Beca asked, as Chloe blushed.

"Tiny Mouse, we meet again." the female lead singer said grinning as she stood in front of us.

"Another verbal beat down." Staci, mumbled to me as we watched.

"So, have you abandoned your foolish plans to face us at the Worlds?" She continued taunting us as we looked at Beca.

"You wish... You gorgeous specimen— she's really in my head." Beca said said before turning to mumble to Chloe as she shook her head disappointed.

"Very well. I'll be happy to send you there. I'll mail you. Large envelope. Cost nothing." The girl said cockily, before the male lead chimed in as well.