⎼⎼⌞chapter thirteen⌝⎼⎼

I decided to discreetly have the Bella's drop me off close to the trebles as I found Greg had blown up my phone begging for me to meet up with him when I got back. Amy decided to go to the Bella's house first to freshen up before declaring her love to Bumper.

"Well?" I said sighing as I stood at the side of the treble's house, just a smidge out of view from the rest.

"I just— I wanted to apologize Cassie." Greg said quietly, I stared at him blankly as I waited for him to say something else.

"I really tried to be neutral. Cass, you know how much I love the both of you." Greg tried to explain as I sighed and leaned against the house.

"Neutral? You let people call me names!" I whisper shouted at him as he looked down at the floor somewhat ashamed.

"I know, I'm sorry Cassie. You know I'm not good at confrontation and, well, I live with these guys. It's hard to go against someone you have to wake up and see every day." Greg said as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. I sighed as I stood quietly for a moment and thought about it, that is until I heard loud bickering coming from the other trebles sitting around on the lawn.

"I know that I only have one vote—" I peeked my head out to watch as the boys argument on the lawn got louder.

"You have no votes, you're not in the group so..." Benji said shaking his head to Bumper.

"Okay, that hurt my feelings." Bumper said pursing his lips as he pointed at Benji.

"It's just the truth." Benji said quietly as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, that hurts my feelings, but my vote? I vote no to the pig and yes to this gloriousness." Bumper continued as he gestured towards his face.

"Yup. That's great, we'll put it to a vote later." Benji said giving up the argument as he sighed.

"Bumper, I'm coming!" I heard Amy's voice shout from far away. Bumper slowly turning around as he caught sight of Amy standing on a canoe as she paddled towards the house.

"Oh, wow." I mumbled under my breath to Greg as he also turned to watch Amy paddling over as she began singing.

"Many times I tried to tell you, many times I cried alone. Always, I'm surprised how well you cut my feelings to the bone. Don't want to leave you really, I've invested too much time to give you up that easy. To the doubts that complicate your mind. We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder!" Amy sang as she paddled to the shore, captivating nearly everybody's attention.

"Nope! Turn it around!" Bumper shouted loudly as he shook his head.

"We belong to the sound of the words we've both fallen under. Whatever we deny or embrace for worse or for better." Amy sang as she was almost half way across.

"I don't want to see you!" Bumper shouted once again, despite that Amy kept coming.

"Woo, really misjudged the size of this lake." Amy shouted before quickly jumping back into song, "We belong, we belong, we belong together."

"Why didn't she just walk around the lake?" Greg asked as we watched Amy finally reach the end of the lake.

"Amy doesn't do anything small." I said back as Greg furrowed his eyebrows.