⎼⎼⌞chapter eighteen⌝⎼⎼

"Cassie babe, trust me when I say you are not wanting to have a small ghost design on your nails." Staci pleaded with me as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Okay? I thought it was cute last year." I mumbled out as Staci sighed in relief.

"Thank God." I heard her mumble as she quickly got on her phone, texting away again.

"You have been on your phone all day, what's up with you?" I asked confused as her eyes widened.

"Daniel! He has a serious case." She said hurriedly as I gasped.

"What? Case of what? What do you mean?" I asked confused with my mouth agape.

"He has... genital warts. Yeah... all over." She said shaking her head as I stared at her in disgust.

"Okay, no more. I don't want to hear anymore." I said shaking my head in disgust. As I went back to looking at the nail colors to choose from.

"Here, get this. Just a solid color." She said quickly handing me the color and ushered me to the seats.

"You are acting so strange today." I mumbled to Staci as I handed the nail polish to the nail tech and began conversing with her.

"Do you know what you're going to wear?" Staci asked me as she looked up from her phone.

"No Stace, he's my boyfriend of four years. I'm not too terrified about wearing an ugly outfit. I mean he put up with me wearing that god awful Bella uniform before we even dated." I told her with a shrug as she grimaced at the reminder.

"Well you still have to look good, let me help pick something out." She said as she handed the nail tech her color, "Can I get little ghosts on mine please?"

"What? Why are you getting ghosts?" I scoffed as she shrugged with a grin.

***

"No. No. Oh ew, Cass. No. No. No. Maybe. No." Staci said going through my packed up boxes as she looked for me to wear something.

"Okay. Pause. What is up with you?" I asked shutting the lid to the box as she turned to look back up at me.

"What?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"You've been extremely picky about me going on this date with Donald. What's up with you?" I said confused as she just stared at me.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped, her eyes going wide.

"What?" She asked panicked.

"Are you upset with him? Do you not want me to go out with him anymore?" I asked noticing Staci visibly relax.

"What? No, that's insane. I mean the half of me that thinks about how amazing it would be if we you and I were totally gay and into each other would say yes" Staci said trying to keep a straight face as I chuckled, "But, but, no. I think you guys are perfect. I just want you to have a great night, I know how stressed you are about school ending."

"Here wear this would you?" Staci said handing me a gorgeous outfit as I grinned quickly changing into it.

"You always have the best taste." I said grinning as I looked into the mirror.

"I can't believe that you've been by my side the entire time." I said grinning in the mirror as she smiled back and put her chin on my shoulder.

"Some people are lucky enough to have a best friend, but I'm even luckier. I've got a Staci." I said turning around and pulling her into a hug.

"You're going to make me cry." Staci said as she chuckled into the hug, "C'mon lets do your make up."

***
Staci finished my eye make up as the door to our room opened.