6

[TW: it's not that brutal but, yes...]

"Your daughter is an excellent student Mrs. Yu, it would be great if we let her skip a few grades and put her straight to college since she has this exceptional talent. This kid is gifted". The teacher said praising Karina, despite the praises Mrs. Yu seemed to be hesitant to the idea of letting her daughter skip grades due to...

"As much as i'd love to put my daughter into college, im afraid we don't have the money to pay for her expenses there at school. We barely have enough money to feed our family Mr. Kang...". Karina sighed hearing what her mother had just said, gritting her teeth as she balled her hand into a fist. "I can apply for scholarship mom". Karina said hoping that her mother would atleast give her a bit of support.

Mrs. Yu looked at her daughter before placing both her hand on the girl's shoulder. "Even if you did get a scholarship, it won't be enough for your daily expense-".

"The school will provide everything she needs Mrs. Yu we promise you this. Don't let this opportunity slip away Mrs. Yu, just think about your daughter's future?". Mr. Kang butted in cutting Karina's mother off. "Please mom, think about it. If i finish college i would be able to find a job quickly and help both you and dad".

Mrs. Yu sighed and looked towards her daughter's teacher with serious eyes. "I know my family is poor Mr. Kang and me sending away my daughter or her future would be a hard decision for me and my husband. I hope you keep your promise and don't let anything bad happen to her". Mr. Kang nodded Karina's lips curved into a smile as she hugged her mother. "Thanks for trusting me mom...".

"So your applying as a teacher?". Karina nodded looking at the person who's scanning her documents infront of her. "Karina Yu 22 years old...You already finished college?". The person said still in shock as he looked at the girl who's sitting infront of him. Karina nodded once again and he placed his glasses down before placing the documents. "Why exactly do you want to be a teacher?".

"If you let me, this job would help me achieve my dreams of being an engineer sir. Along with helping my parents to raise my siblings". The man looked at Karina with a stern gaze making the girl gulp, is she not going to be accepted? 

"I don't see the need to prolong this conversation Ms. Yu...". Karina's confidence went down after she heard the man said it, her heart breaking at the thought of going back home without achieving anything from her all day walk back n forth between schools to have her interview. "You're hired as a substitute teacher Ms. Yu". She looked at him with wide eyes, the old man looked at her with a genuine smile as he held his hand out for her to shake.

"I-im really hired s-sir?". The man nodded and Karina excitedly shake his hand. "Thank you! thank you! thank you sir! I will do my best as a substitute teacher!".

"You're going to start next week Ms. Yu so i hope you prepare the necessary things you need. Also this students might also just be the same age as you so i hope there would be no problem".

"I got it sir totally no problem!". The old man chuckled and Karina left the interview room with a smile on her face pumping her fist on the air as she finally succeeded. "I can finally save up and help you mom and dad, wait for me i'll give you the life you deserve". Karina said happily skipping her way out of the hall.

...

"I want you Karina, i can never hurt you all you need to do is to not leave me...okay?". The person smiled as she grabbed Karina's hands and tied it above her head. "Just obey me and everything will be fine...". A deep chuckle followed by a hand wrapping around her neck making Karina choke under the person above her...