18

Karina's POV

"And so you add this number then you'll get your answe-". I was in the middle of helping my daughter with her homework when my phone ring. That's weird I don't have any important schedules for today so who is this person calling me.

"Mommy will just answer this okay?". My daughter nodded and continued doing her homework.

The call was already marked as a missed call and when I saw the callers i.d my heart beat went rapid, not because of the caller but at the news this person might share to me. I was about to call him back but he already beat me to it.

"Hello Sunoo? Why did you call is there anything you want to tell m-?".

"Karina...She's finally awake".

I swallowed the lump on my throath as the grip on my phone tightens, did I hear it right she's finally awake after all those years that she've fallen into coma. I must've spaced out for a while because all the other details that he said wasn't interpreted by my brain. However, i was snapped back to reality when I felt my daughter held my hand and gave me a questioning look.

"Mommy is that uncle Sunoo? Are we going to visit him?".

My heart is beating so fast I feel like I'm gonna have a hypertension. The news just shocked my entire being and I never thought that this would be the day that my daughter will finally meet her other mom, all of it is so unexpected.

"Karina are you still there, is Minjin beside you?".

"Yes I'm still here and yep she's right beside me, is everything fine there? Did she do anything when she woke up?".

"Well after she woke up she went to sleep again so I went out of the room and called the doctor anyways, are you going to visit her?".

"Of course I will, you know how long I've waited to see her finally awake right? The problem is if it's fine for Minjin to go there too, I don't know if I should bring her or no".

My daughter looked at me and pouted it's as if she's asking me telepathically the reason on why she couldn't go with me.

"Bring her I think it's finally time that she her other mom right? I'll help you with the explanation later if ever she finds all of this confusing".

I let out a sigh of relief, Sunno has been our number one source of support. He's the reason why I got to finally start over and place my life little by little in the right direction. Even if I wanted to go back to my parents my memories of them are quite distorted. Even if they are still looking for me I'm sure they would probably go ballistic if told them the whole story plus it has been a lot of years that passed, for them I'm probably dead now.

"Okay I will bring her I'm going to hang the phone up thank you again for informing me Sunoo".

"It's nothing drive safely and take care".

I kneeled down and hug my daughter who was a bit shocked by my action but still returned the hug nonetheless.

"What's going on mommy why do you look so happy? Are we going somewhere? ".

I'm happy at the fact that you can finally go and see your mom.

"I am in fact happy and yes we're going somewhere but it's a surprise where".