Chapter 5

"James we are home" Logan shouted we walked in and saw James with his head in his hands. "You okay?" Logan asked. James looked up "We broke up" He said. I looked at my feet "Why?" Logan asked. "I don’t like her anymore I’m in love of someone else" James answered. I rubbed my eyes and headed back to the bedroom. "We meet again" I saw Carl sitting on the bed. I opened my mouth but nothing came out, come on voice it’s been a week but I need you now! "Aw can’t talk?" He walked around me and smiled, his fangs out. "Such a shame a pretty girl won’t live" He whispered in my ear. I turned and ran out the room. "Hey Riles what’s wrong?" Logan asked. I pointed down the hall. "What someone down there?" James asked. I nodded and ran into his arms. "Logan can you check it out?" Logan headed back there and James pulled me to the couch. "Relax Riley" He whispered I nodded and Logan was thrown into the wall. "Carl" James growled. I tighten my arms around him "Riley let go" I shook my head “Riley Please Let go you want to be safe right?” I nodded “Then let go Logan will watch you” I let him go and felt someone grab my neck and push me against the wall. “You shouldn’t have ran” Carl growled. “Let her go” James yelled. I can’t breathe. I started kicking and squirming but soon became weak. I started seeing black spots and everything became distant. Gasping for air, I saw Logan getting up and James running towards Carl from the side. As soon as James knocked Carl off me, Logan picked me up and ran out the apartment. “Riley can you hear me?” My eyes were half open as I was carried outside. “Riley!” Logan said setting me down. “Look at me!” I looked up at him “Riley are you okay?” I nodded and took a deep breath. As soon as Logan was on the ground, someone’s hand was on my throat “Though you could escape carl?” The woman asked “Well he has help” Their grip got tighter and my world got darker. “No!” I felt like I was being swallowed into a black hole, no vampires, no werewolves, no worries, just darkness to sleep. Sleep sounds so nice I’m so tired…with that I was in a world of darkness.

James pov

After Carl ran out I went to find Logan and Riley. Half way down the hall my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Dude! Need help Carl had someone outside waiting I can’t hold her back much longer” Logan panted.

“On my way”

I ran outside and tackled the girl Logan was holding. “Tell Carl if he comes near her again he won’t live to see a new day!” She nodded and I let her go. Turning to Logan I asked “Where is Riley” Logan looked behind me and I spun around. Her body laid on the bench, eyes shut and barley breathing “I was holding that girl back” Logan said. “YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO WATCH HER!” I screamed. “I was I asked if she was okay then next thing I know I’m on the ground!” Logan said. “WELL YOU WERENT WATCHING WELL ENOUGH SHE WASN’T PAST OUT WHEN SHE LET THE APARTMENT WAS SHE?! NO I DIDN’T THINK SO.” I walked over to her and fell to my knees. “Riley wake up. Please Riley” I whispered stroking her cheek. “James, we need to take her to the doctors” Logan said. “Then start the car”