chapter 14

“Riley?”

“Hm?”

“we are here” I nodded and was lifted out the seat. “home?” I asked. James laughed and said “No we are at the beach” I opened my eyes “But its dark” I mumbled “I know. We are watching the stars.” I nodded and closed my eyes again.

“Don’t go back to sleep” James chuckled and kissed my forehead. “I’m not” I yawned and buried my face in his neck. “Good”

James let my feet hit the ground and he held his hand out to a blanket surround by candles in the shape of a heart “This…James this is…amazing” I said walking over and looking at him “I try” he chuckled. I laid on the blanket and was soon joined by James. “Do you really like it?” He asked, laying on his side. “I love it. This is the most sweetest thing someone had done for me” I lifted my hand to his cheek “You’re the most sweetest guy” James grabbed my hand then kissed my palm a few times. Letting my hand go he rolled onto his back. We stared up at the stars, well I did I could feel James looking at me so I looked up and smiled. “Your beautiful you know that right?” James said running his thumb over my cheek. “and adorable when you sleep” I blushed slightly and reached up to kiss his cheek “And you’re too handsome to be mine” I whispered. “Now that’s not true” he said sitting up “Yeah It is. James You are like the most wanted guy in school, all the girls want to date you”

“They cant. Im yours and no one else can have me. Im all yours”

“But why me Im not the prettiest, the smartest or the most popular”

James propped his head on his elbow and looked down at me “I don’t want popular girls, I want the beautiful girl that im staring at. The one that makes me nervous to be around. The person who makes me happy when Im upset. That’s you. All you Riley” I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck “For a first date you make it seem like we have been dating for years. Or atleast know each other for years” James smiled “I have known you for years. 18 years. I lost you for awhile but that doesn’t mean I didn’t know you. I saw you the day you were born. You were as adorable then as you are now” I blushed “You made yourself sound so old!” I giggled and he rolled his eyes. “Just shut up and enjoy the date”

“James?” I poked his cheek again “Wake up!!”

Nope that didn’t work…hmmm well I could just leave him here and go home but I wouldn’t do that since he has the keys some where. I sighed and sat up. The stars shine bright above us. “I wonder where my mom is” I whispered. I wish I knew her. I only saw pictures. Only heard stories. I want to go to her when I need her. Her to be my mom. And my dad. My grandparents hated him only told me terrible stuff, but I don’t care. If I don’t think he would do any of that….

Did they have another kid? Forget me? Are the even alive? Do they-“Riley?” I jumped and turned to James. “I know where they are”

“Wh-what?” James sat up “I can take you to your mom” I smiled and threw myself on him, hugging him tightly “That’s great! We can go in a few days!”

I will post again late but I might not Wednesday or Thursday since I'm getting my tooth pulled so yea what do you think will happen when she sees her mom