Thirteen:

One thing for sure . . . I think I finally know what Harry is. Honestly . . . It scares me. Harry looks down at me and furrows his eyebrows. Harry and the other boys are vampires. Right after I think that, Harry's confused look turns to anger.

"Harry? W-What's wrong?" I back away, but he doesn't move a muscle, holding me close by our cuffs.

"You were sitting there researching . . . " He growls.

"W-What?" I am taken aback. How'd he know that?

"Funny . . . You're so smart, yet so naïve." His voice is calm, low and rough. It scares me nearly to death, especially as he begins backing me into the corner of the bedroom.

"I don't know what you're talking about." My voice comes out strong.

"And you lie like no one on earth could possibly know the truth. Tell me, Vanity . . . Am I scaring you?" He smirks, placing his hands on the wall beside my head. I try to yank our cuffed hands down, but he doesn't budge. His gorgeous emerald eyes stare into my own and I'm captivated, only until they begin turning to a dark, blood red color.

"Harry, get off of me." My fiery attitude pops out.

"Little girls like you don't tell me what to do." He growls, closing the space between us. "And you should know . . . You definitely don't tell a vampire what to do!" His fangs pop out and I scream, cowering as far into the corner as possible.

"Please, no!" I cry.

"Oh, come on, Van . . . Just one bite?" He smirks, his fangs popping over his lip.

"No . . . No . . . No!" I scream as he brings his head closer and closer, into the crook of my neck. His lips graze over my skin, stopping over my jugular vein and kissing. My body melts, and he holds me up. "Please, Harry. Don't." I beg in a whisper.

Harry chuckles into my neck. "I do what I want." He states, and I scream as his fangs stab into my neck. I'm paralyzed as he drinks slowly, my head starting to feel light. The door to the bedroom opens and I'm too weak to see who it is. For some reason, Harry stops drinking. He slowly pulls his fangs out of my neck, licks the wounds, and pulls away, letting me drop to the floor. I use my right hand to hold my neck, pulling my hand back to see a bunch of blood. I look toward the door to see Liam, Louis and Niall. Niall's eyes turn red as he stares at me. In a flash, he's next to me and I begin to cry, trying to get away as Harry seems to be in some kind of trance while Louis talks to him.

"Niall, no, please!" I cry, trying to thrash away and get him off of me.

"Vanity. Vanity, please stop. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm cleaning you up. I may be the most hungry one here, but I have the most control. Got it?"

"Th-then wh-why are y-your eyes red?"

"It happens when we smell blood, or we're angry." He explains. I don't expect what happens next. He slips off his light blue tee shirt and begins wiping the blood off of my hand and then my neck. There's a sick amount of blood on my neck and I imagine that my shirt is ruined.

"Vanity . . . I am going to need you to do something pretty weird and you're probably not going to like it." Niall says, looking into my eyes. "You're going to be with us at a signing tomorrow and we can't have those holes in your neck showing." He explains.

I frown. "What do I have to do?" I whisper.

"You need to drink from one of us. It will make you stronger, and those holes will heal right up, and they'll stop hurting."

"No. There's no way I'm drinking anyone's blood." I spit. Liam is suddenly beside me.

"Vanity, listen . . . As soon as you drink, any pain you have at all is going to disappear. It's not going to do anything to you, but heal you." Liam tells me.

"You're going to have to do it the hard way. Everything with her is the hard way." Harry growls, looking down at me with disgust and something else that kind of looks like . . . Lust. I cower away at the sound of his voice.

"Okay . . . I'll do it." I whisper to Liam and Niall. Niall nods and lifts his wrist to his own mouth, biting down and then holding it out to me after it starts bleeding. I look at it with disgust and nearly gag as he pushes it toward me. I grab his hand with my free one and pull it up to my mouth. But as soon as the metallic liquid touches my tongue, I gag, coughing and spitting it all over the floor.

"Told you." Harry smirks, kneeling down next to me and biting his own wrist. Niall wipes his off and I gape as I realize it already healed. Unlike my neck. Harry pulls his wrist away from his mouth and grabs the back of my head, forcing his wrist into my mouth and holding me still. I gag and try to fight, but the nasty liquid flows down my throat. Niall sits beside me, watching my neck as I am forced to drink Harry's blood.

"It's healed." Niall informs Harry and he pulls his wrist away. I can't stop myself as I begin coughing and choking on the blood. Niall hands me the now-bloody shirt and I wipe the blood off of my lips.

"Come on, Vanity. You need to brush your teeth." Harry informs me. Now he's being sweet?! I would tell him no, but one, I don't have a choice because of our cuffs, and two, I don't want vampire blood all over my teeth. So I nod, keeping as much of a distance as possible as I follow him into the bathroom. He reaches up to the top of the cabinet and grabs a brand new tooth brush, handing it to me, along with some toothpaste. He gently lays his hand on my arm, but I flinch away. "Vanity, I'm rea-"

"Don't touch me." I spit at him, cringing as I see myself in the mirror. I look great. The bags under my eyes are gone, temporarily, and I'm all healed up. But my bloody teeth catch me off guard and I immediately begin brushing my teeth.

"Vanity, I'm sorry. I lost control."

"I don't want your excuses." I growl. I'm completely terrified of him right now. "You lost more than control. You lost any and every respect I have for you at all." I mumble. Even after my teeth are clean, I keep brushing them. As if that blood contained a parasite that I desperately need to get off of me. As I spit in the sink, I see that I brushed so much that my gums are bleeding. Great. More blood. I gag at just the sight of it, looking away.

Harry is silent as he notices, taking away my toothbrush and rinsing it for me, then pulling me to bed. I stop at the edge of the bed. "Come on, Vanity. I'm tired and we both need sleep." He whispers.

"N-no." I stay standing as he sits on the bed.

"Vanity, I'm not joking." He growls, his eyes turning back to a light shade of red. Terrified, I sit on the bed and stare at the wall. I wish he'd never have bitten me. I wish I hadn't done that stupid research. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten bitten if I'd just minded my own business. I could have been happy not knowing. But now I'm terrified of Harry Styles because he freaking bit me. I want to call Marty and tell him of what happened, but I know I can't. I want to run and hide, so he can't hurt me more than he has, but I can't. I just want to be free. Free of the handcuffs. Free of my worries. Free of- "Oh my Lord, Vanity. Would you calm down? Your thoughts are way too loud. You're keeping me up."

"Sorry for thinking." I scoff. Gosh. Can't he just stay out of my head-

"It's not that simple." He states.

"Seriously?" I groan. No. He's not going to tell me what to do. I am allowed to think. I should be. It's wrong of him to tell me to keep quiet when I'm just sitting here, being quiet and thinking to myself.

"Oh my- Ugh." I look up as Harry sits up and leans over me, his eyes turning a faint red as he stares into my brown ones. "Go to sleep, Vanity." He orders. And just as he says it, my eyes close on their own, and I fall asleep.