Seventeen:

I don't know what to think of most as Harry and I are shoved into the very back of the van and taken to his house. Liam happily drives to Harry's place and I frown to myself. If Harry has his own place in London, then why the heck were we staying in a hotel? And why has Harry never told anyone his power? Has he ever used them? Has he used them on me? I mean . . . Does he even actually have a power? I see him smirk from the corner of my eye. He must be listening to my thoughts. Well, I hope he hears this . . . Whatever his so-called 'talents' are, I am going to figure them out.

"Careful now." He whispers in my ear with a chuckle at the end. 

"Oh, stick it up y-" I begin but he gives me a look and I quickly shut my mouth.'

"Whoah... She's learning." Harry exclaims with wide eyes. I give him the dirtiest look I can muster, but it doesn't seem to phase him. Well, of course it doesn't. He's a crazy mythical creature. He doesn't care about how I look at him. Shoot, he probably doesn't even have feelings. I look up at him and his expression completely changes. Now it's one of sadness, guilt and regret. Nah. Probably just the way he looks right now. I gotta remember. Harry doesn't have feelings.

"I'd stop while you're ahead of yourself." I gasp as I hear Liam's voice sadly whisper as if he's right next to me. I look up and he's still driving, but he is looking at me through the mirror with a sad expression. Did I do something wrong? "Just because we were cursed doesn't mean we don't have feelings." Liam continues. His lips aren't moving, but he's looking right at me and I can hear him clear as day. I suddenly feel guilty for my thoughts and frown. The van comes to a stop and I look out the window, gasping. Harry's house is gorgeous!

"I have a question . . . " I look up at Harry as we step onto the pavement. He raises his eyebrows. "How come we've been staying in that hotel when this whole time, we could have been at your place? I mean, it's even close to everything!"

"Because we don't need the paparazzi to constantly know where we are." Louis says. I nod in understanding.

"Niall?" Liam calls. I look over my shoulder and notice that the Irishman is gone.

Someone suddenly grabs my shoulder and I gasp, looking in front of me to see Niall with a smirk. "Niall, you scared me!" I scream.

"That's the point." He winks. "By the way, I unlocked the house, Harry." He says, then disappears right as we open the door. I quietly laugh as I see him sprawled across the couch.

"Well . . . welcome to my humble home." He chuckles. I'm reminded of Augustus Waters from TFIOS and find myself softly smiling. But then I wipe it off of my face when I notice that Harry is looking at me.

"We're here!" Calum shouts as he enters the door. He runs toward the couch and dives over the side, landing on Niall before he can move out of the way. My eyes widen and I burst into laughter. Niall groans and teleports to the floor where he groans and laughs at the same time. Calum falls onto the couch and cracks up, pointing at Niall and saying something I can't understand. I suddenly realize that this is the first time I have laughed since-

"Boo!" I scream in surprise when someone grabs me from behind and my sight goes black. I can't tell who it is.

"Hey, who turned the lights off?" I ask, grabbing on to whatever is close to me, because I've never had balance in the dark for some reason. I always sway and fall when my eyes are closed and I'm standing. I grab someone's arm. Someone's very muscular, toned arm.

"The light's are on, Vanity." Ashton chuckles. His voice is coming from directly in front of me and I feel my cheeks heating up.

"Quit playing with my sight, Ash!" I whine, yanking on his arm. Everything goes back to the way it was and I sigh in relief. I look around and see that everyone is staring at me with amused glares.

"You gonna let go, or do you like playing with his biceps?" Michael smirks. I quickly drop my hands to my sides, looking at the floor with embarrassment evident on my face.

"C'mon." Harry chuckles and drags me toward the stairs.

"What's with all the glass windows? Do you like the paparazzi being able to spy on you that easily?" I observe, but happily take in the sunlight through my pores. "And aren't vampires supposed to stay out of the sun?"

"Oh, please . . . Do you really believe that crap?" He raises his eyebrows, stopping and turning to me. He leans back against the wall with another amused grin. Am I really that amusing?

"Well, I didn't believe in vampires at all, last week, so how am I supposed to know what's real and what isn't? And I'm pretty sure you don't sparkle." I smirk.

Harry suddenly bursts into laughter. "No. I don't sparkle, and we don't burn up in the sunlight."

"Okay . . . What about vanilla?" I ask.

"What about it?" He retorts.

"Do you wear vanilla scents to cover up the blood smell?" He smirks at me and steps closer, making me step back, but soon enough, I hit the opposite wall. He places his hands on either side of my head and I gasp.

"What do you think? Do I smell like . . . Vanilla?" He lifts the collar of his shirt with his free hand and sniffs it, making a thinking face. I take a big breath and shake my head. He smells like cologne; strong cologne. My eyes flutter at the wonderful scent, but then I look up to see him staring at me, so I stop.

"You smell nice. Like Usher." I softly smile, remembering a day when my Mom and I went to the mall and smelled every fragrance they had.

"Ooh, Momma. How 'bout this one?" I pointed at the black box.

"You always have such expensive taste!" She giggled, spraying it on the tester. We both smelled it and smiled.

"I think this one's my favorite." I grinned, spraying it on my shirt. "It's called . . . Usher. Oh, wow! I didn't know he had his own fragrances!"

"Mmm . . . I agree. This one's the best." She turned the box upside down and her eyes widened. "See, I told you! You have expensive taste! It's sixty dollars!"

"Wow . . . Yeah, never mind." I laughed, putting the box down. Then I spotted another. "Ooh, smell this one, Mom!"

I didn't realize tears were falling until Harry's smirk turned to a frown and his finger wiped away the salty liquid from my cheek. I know he was reading my thoughts. I fake a laugh and wipe my face off. "I'm sorry. I'm such a baby." I turn away.

"Hey. No you're not." He puts his finger on my chin and forces me to look at him. Is he bipolar or something? Just this morning he was angry and nearly killed me and now he's so caring . . . "Come on." He softly smiles and leads me to his room. If he keeps acting like this, maybe, just maybe I could forgive him.

A/N

Hi guys!!! So I start school tomorrow and I was supposed to be in bed an hour ago but I love you guys too much ESPECIALLY since you got me to 3K! LIKE SERIOUSLY WHAT IS LIFE?! Anywhew I had to update! Hopefully I can update more often with school going on because that's when I feel the most responsible. But yeah.

If you read this author's note please comment "3K IS AWESOME" And btw if I didn't already say it, I freaking love you all! Okay. I need to sleep.

Bye! xoxo

Raeanna x.