Chapter Nine

"If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find" - John Churton Collins.

~

Morgan grunts, "Damn mama's, what has you so worked up today?"

I dodge his punch that comes flying towards me, only for him to send another one with the opposite hand. Catching his wrist in my grip I quickly maneuver my way to where I'm behind him with his arm pinned tightly to his back.

"Nothing, I just missed working out," I reply before sending a kick to the backs of his knees causing him to fall onto them.

My hands still have his wrist tightly twisted at an almost dangerous angle, he quickly taps out. I release him on command and step back.

"Bullshit. We've been going at it for hours." He finishes his dissent to the floor and rolls on his back to stare at the gym ceiling.

After my walk this morning, I had called Garcia up to get a hold of Morgan's number. I was in the mood to go to the gym and I needed a sparring partner. He agreed almost immediately.

Unfortunately for him my mood from earlier today was still fueling me when we started. We started at about ten a.m. and looking at the clock I can see it's going onto one in the afternoon.

I slump against the wall and grab my water bottle, chugging it.

Morgan, still in the same position, I teased him, "oh come on Morgan, you didn't strike me as the type to have low stamina."

His head lifts to look at me, "oh trust me firecracker, I have the stamina. But I can demonstrate it better than I can tell you." Sending me a wink.

I roll my eyes at his obvious flirting. No thank you, sure he's a nice looking man. That's about it though.

"Don't you think your display over the last few hours was enough? I don't think I'm impressed." I fire back.

Morgan chuckles before getting up and making his way to sit by me but still leaving distance between us two. He plops down with a groan and takes a drink of his water.

"Okay maybe I am getting old." He sighs dramatically.

I nod agreeing. He's a bit slow but that probably has more to do with his size than age.

"Are you excited for dinner in a few hours?" He asks, sounding genuinely curious.

I can stand Morgan, I couldn't tell you why but he has been almost like a big brother this past week. Spencer and him made sure I knew where everything was and not really doubting my capabilities as much as the others.

Well besides David, he on the other hand has an idea of what I'm capable of. I still appreciate the support though.

They do get a bit annoying at times but I can only assume it's from their curiosity. The rest of the team with the exception of Hotchner has been trying to be just as welcoming to me. I can still feel and see the hesitation though.

"Honestly?" I ask, he nods. "No."

He tilts his head scanning my face trying to read me but fails. My expressionless face giving nothing away.