Chapter Ten

"From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate" - Socrates.

~

During dinner everyone went around the table to share something about themselves. Even though Astra didn't ask, they wanted her to know them a bit better. And to make her more comfortable so she wasn't the only one sharing.

I didn't have much to say but I did mention the time I was assigned temporarily into an investigative tasks force in Pakistan.

I frankly didn't want to participate or give her any information about my personal life. She didn't need to know anything about me, we weren't going to be friends. And she wasn't going to be here for much longer.

The team seems to have taken quite a liking to her. And I just don't understand why they've become so welcoming to someone that's working with Strauss.

Even seeing the display on the Jet should've been enough for them to be cautious. She's obviously prone to anger and lashes out easily. It would only be a matter of time before I have a valid reason to write her up and get rid of her.

Now that dinner is over it's past eleven. Everyone is in the living room drinking and listening to the soft music of Frank Sinatra. Astra even made another trip down to the cellar for more wine. And we have almost ran through that as well. It's fair to say that everyone is drunk or completely wasted.

I take my suit jacket off and roll up sleeves, it has honestly gotten hotter here. The alcohol I consumed absorbed me.

JJ looks over to me, "Before I forget, Henry wanted me to ask if Jack can have a playdate."

"Of course, I'm sure Jack would love that. Just let me know when." I smile thinking about my son.

"You know you could always bring them here. They are always welcome. Besides that gives me more opportunities to spoil them." Rossi butts in hearing our conversation.

"I'm sure they would love you Astra!" JJ nods towards Rossi and me before turning to the woman.

I can't help my reaction, my fist clenched in my lap. Astra will never be anywhere near my son and it's that simple. There was no point in them meeting each other.

"Who...?"Astra asks cautiously.

JJ giggles, "My son Henry and Hotch's son Jack."

I sent my biggest glare in her direction. Astra does not need to know about my son or my private life.

"Oh, that's nice." Astra responds awkwardly, glancing at the two of us.

Morgan laughs at her reaction, "You don't like kids gorgeous?"

Her face screws up and she slightly cringes, "They're fine...they just tend to like me a bit too much."

"Why do you make it sound like a bad thing?" Rossi chuckles, obviously amused.

She shrugs before chugging the rest of her drink. "They are little, clingy, semen demons."

Rossi and Morgan choke on their drinks. The girl's jaws drop along with Spencer's and I honestly can't help the small smile that threatens my lips.