Grief

(Shota's pov)
"Oh god..." I fall to the ground with my face in my hands. I start shaking and pulling at my hair. "WHY DOES THE WORLD HATE ME?! WHAT DID I DO?!" Letting go of my hair I slowly went to my room and laid on my bed. "Why did I lose the two most important to me? At least Hizashi's alive but he's not Hizashi anymore, I need to accept that"

"He left without thinking how this really affected me so why should I care about him.. I care about Oboro. I'll be a hero and honour his memory"
I'm so tired, why wouldn't I be with what's going on. I would rather stay asleep, forever. I could have saved him.. I'll never let someone die on my watch like that again.

(Two hours later)
Ugh.. my phone is going off. Shut up!! I grab and answer it. "Hi Aizawa, it's Nemuri. I know you said you wanted space but can I please see you. I know he was there" I pinch the bridge of my nose. "You're probably already here aren't you" I get up and look out my window. "Doors open." After hanging up I went downstairs. "So how did you know HE was here" She rubbed the back of her neck.

"I was outside your place.. I wanted to check on you but before I could knock I heard you two. After he left I gave him a ride and we had a chat" My blood slowly starts to boil. "What. You gave him a RIDE?! After what you heard! What did he tell you his sob story!? Try to sound innocent after killing SO MANY PEOPLE!! I thought for a second he came to see me because he cared but really he came because Oboro died. He could have come to see us any other day but no it's the day Oboro dies" Tears started falling down my face.

"Aizawa-" I interrupted her. "NO! I was so clouded by my feelings for him that I tried understanding. He had no right to see me today, too see us after what we went through" I noticed she started crying. "I.. I'm sorry. I missed him too, you know seeing him was hard but I tried seeing him as the Hizashi who would goof around with us at lunch. After what you said I know he's not, it's clear you're not in denial anymore. I think we should stick together and go our separate ways with Hizashi" We stood there in silence. I went up and hugged her while we both cried on each other's shoulders.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, I'm mad at him not you. I also wish things could go back to the way it was but now we need to keep moving" she hugged me tighter. "I know" We let go. "I should be getting home, my mom wanted me to stay home yet here I am" I nodded. Right as Nemuri opened the door she turned around. "Call me anytime, okay hun?" I gave a weak smile. "I will, bye Nemi" Then she left. So many bad things happened today. I'm glad she came over but I wish no one came to see me today.

I go back to my room and look at a video on my phone. It's from when Oboro became class president.

"Hey give me my-"
"AAAND HERE COMES OBORO SHIRAKUMO!! CLASS PRESIDENT OF CLASS TWO A"
"You're an idiot"
"GASP! I don't see you leading the class to a brighter future!"
"Brighter future? Haha that's funny"
"I'll take your laugh as a complement! I'll even make sure you get more time for training!"
"Really?"
"Yeah!"
"Well I already know you're going to do great, a great class leader and hero"
"Awe! Thanks Shota, that means a lot coming from you"
"Of course, you suck at Mario kart so at least you'll be a great hero haha!"
"WHAT?! Oh come on! You cheat every time I swear"
"Sure sure, wait my moms calling give me my phone"
"Oh yeah, here"

He was so happy. I feel guilty for taking advantage of our time together, not like I knew there was a timer. He would have been an amazing hero. I smiled at myself, he wanted me to be a hero so I will be. I'll work hard, I won't let anything distract me.

(A month later)
"Aizawa want to get some food later?" I grab my bag. "I have training" Nemuri, she keeps asking me to go eat with her. "Oh come on, just once! You can train any day plus you deserve a break" I need to be stronger. "I can go eat any day, right now I have time to train. Go ask Iida he seems okay" I'm busy right now doesn't she see that? "Aizawa, did you get the email from Oboro's mom? Are you going to his funeral?" I paused. "Yeah I did.. I'll be there" Then I just kept walking.

I can't miss it even if I want to. I've been training ever since to get stronger so I can help people. I want a chance at being a hero. I don't want to be number one but I want to be something. I even applied for work studies early. I know that this is what he would have wanted so no time for distractions. I walk into the change rooms and change into my gym uniform, also grabbing my scarf.

"Look who it is! All by himself" Sensoji, still mad about Oboro and I beating him in combat. I walked past him. "Yeah go curse someone else! First Yamada now Shirakumo, who's next? Kayama!" I stopped in my tracks. "Keep his name out of your mouth, have you no respect for a classmate who died" he laughed. "Of course I do! I'm just wondering why you're still at this school after cursing two good students" I clenched my fists so much it hurt.

Feeling the shakiness in my breath I knew couldn't let him get to me. Walking out I felt pain, I hope no one else is thinking that. Not like I would care, training. I have training. I walked to the training facility and began. "None of this is my fault. None of this is my fault, None. Of. This. Is. My. Fault."

The day of the funeral)
"Shota.. are you ready?" Mom asked, knocking on my door. She slowly opened the door. "I see you put your suit on, I wanted to tell you that we should leave soon" I just sat there on my bed staring at the goggles he gave me. This was never supposed to happen. "Shota? We don't have to go if you do not feel comfortable" I get up and put them in my pocket then take a deep breath. "No, we can go now" She hugged me before we went downstairs. "Are we ready to go?" Dad looked at me with worry. "Yes, let's go" We all got in the car and dad drove to the church.

The drive was suffocating. I hate thinking about how my best friend is dead. This is my final goodbye to him in a way. His energy and goals will forever be alive no matter what. "We're here" I got out and tried to walk in but was stopped by some bodyguards. "Name please" Before I could say anything my parents came up behind me. "Aizawa" He nodded and let us in. Looking around a little I quickly saw Nemuri and her family. I walked over.

"You made it" Shoving my hands in my pockets I looked at her. "Told you I would, what's with the body guards?" She excused us away from her family. "The Shirakumo's wanted a private event, no press or anything" Makes sense. "Figured, better that there's no cameras" She agreed. "You should go talk to Ms Shirakumo, I already did" I look into the main hall and see her at the front. "Okay, I'll pay my respects while I'm there" We hugged then I went to the main hall.

Walking closer to his memorial picture is where it really kicks in. This is real. Oboro is dead. I take out the goggles and right as I'm putting them down I feel a hand in my shoulder. Turning around I see Ms Shirakumo. "I think you should keep them. He was very excited to give them to you and.. they would do you more good with you" I sighed. "Yeah he was excited, maybe he would want me to keep them anyways" She gave me a small smile.

"If it isn't too much, could you give a speech for him? I know how much you meant to him" Oh no I can't do that! In front of so many people.. I should though, for him and his family. Maybe a little for myself. "I can do that" she hugged and thanked me. The funeral started not long after and everyone took their seats. "I would like to thank everyone for coming to honor our son Oboro. He is forever in our hearts. He was an amazing son, hero, and friend. Shota Aizawa Oboro's best friend would like to speak as well" Everyone looked at me. I walked up and cleared my throat.

"Oboro Shirakumo was my best friend, he was there for me at my toughest moments. He was the bravest, most kindest person I know. Loud cloud is the name of an amazing hero who wanted to save and help people even if it cost him his life.. I know there's nothing I can do to bring him back but part of him lives in all of us to keep going forward, to never give up. That's all he wants" I walk back to my seat and cry.

The rest of the funeral was a blur. Yamada was a no show, of course. The Shirakumo's thanked me for my speech. It really took a lot of me. As the day came to a close I went to Oboro's memorial one last time. "Goodbye Oboro.. I'll be a hero just like we promised" I walked out to my parents car where they drove back home. I put the goggles around my neck then fell asleep the rest of the drive.

Let me know what you think so far
This story is slowly coming to a close
1747 words

It wasn't meant to beOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara