Turned into a what?!

(Present Mic's pov)
It's been a month since Oboro died and it's been hard.. I've been processing everything with Shota and Nemuri. I hurt them by just showing up... we haven't done a show in a while because hero's and police have been more alert since Oboro's death. Frankie said he had something he needed to tell me. I hope we're having a concert soon, that'll make me feel better, right?

"Hey Frankie, you said you wanted to talk?" I walked into our planning room, where Forest is most of the time. "Mic you're going to want to sit down." I sat down on a stool with a worried expression. "What's going on? Why's Forest and Axe here?" They all looked like they wanted to vomit. "When I heard about your friend who was killed I asked Forest to look into it because something about it didn't sit right with me. What she found... it's awful Mic" what.. what's he talking about.

"What did you find.. it can't be that bad" he took a breath. "I told you about All For One, the All Might of the villains right? How his quirk works?" I nodded. "Forest found out he's been targeting UA hero students and killing them for their quirks, to turn them into what he calls nomu's. They are genetically engineered monsters that are made from different people.. that attack that killed your friend was targeted but they weren't going after Shirakumo.. they were after Aizawa, that boy you told us about" my eyes went wide, I felt like I stopped breathing.

"You're.. you're lying" he stayed quiet, he's not lying. "Oh god.. they killed oboro when trying to kill Shota. They're using Oboro's quirk so he can be some mutant.." I fell to the ground and threw up.. Forest gave me a paper towel. "Mic.. I'm so sorry, I told Frankie we couldn't keep this from you" I started to breathe heavily. "We.. have to kill him" I wiped my mouth when the three of them looked shocked. Frankie walked closer to me.

"Are you talking about All For One? Mic.. you can't be serious. I know this is horrific but we don't have the power to kill him. He's really powerful and could kill us all in an instant, if you tried to kill him you'd die and I can't let that happen" I stood up and looked at him with tear filled eyes. "I CAN'T JUST STAND HERE!! HE KILLED MY BEST FRIEND!! THE ONE HERO WHO WOULD'VE DONE GOOD" it killed him to see me like this. Forest looked at me with worry and sighed.

"This is bigger than us, what he's doing is crazy and pure evil. Frankie's right, he would kill us. I don't really know what to say but I looked into this because I wanted you to know the truth, I wish I could help you. This is awful and I wouldn't wish this on anyone" I felt my blood boil! "You guys are always on board when it comes to killing those who deserve it, no matter how strong they are!! This All For One can't be that strong! I can't be around hypocrites..  I'm going to my room" I stormed out and Frankie followed to make sure I didn't leave and do something stupid.

I was just forgetting about everything, why can't the world just let me move on for once!! Now it's all back. Hit me like a truck, nothing can get worse. Oboro didn't deserve to die just because they wanted his quirk. It's worse they wanted Shota, what if they try again? I can't warm him, I've hurt him enough. He wouldn't believe me. I can't do this!! AGH!! THIS ISN'T FAIR! First Nerve now All For One. This is stupid.

"Knock knock, it's Axe" he came in. "Go away!" He stood there with a letter in his hand. "Frankie didn't want you to have this, it came a couple days ago" he walked over and gave it to me. The front says 'Present Mic'. I opened it and read it.

Hello Present Mic,
We know it's you Hizashi Yamada. Don't worry it's not the police, this is Mr and Mrs Shirakumo. We read Oboro's notebook about you and found out everything he knew. He believed that if he found you he could help you become a hero again. We knew his head was in the clouds but he truly thought he would find and save you.

Before everything that happened you made our boy laugh and smile, you two would spend hours in that arcade. You meant so much to him. We know that you are not that boy anymore and maybe it's the sadness overcome us but please come to his funeral in a disguise. Kayama said she would get this to you. He didn't find you but maybe you can find him. You do not have, too we understand but know you are welcome as you always were.

-Mr and Mrs Shirakumo

The letter had become damp from my tears. "Did you.. did you read it?" I asked Axe without looking away from the letter. "Yeah.. we had to make sure it wasn't a threat. The fact they know where we are isn't safe for us but we trust they won't tell anyone" I can't believe they invited me to his funeral. "You have to make a choice, you know which one you'll make, even if it's a hard one" then he left closing the door. There's no way I can go.. but if I did I could see them and apologise to Oboro.. it would hurt more then heal if I went. It could be a trap.

No. His parents aren't like that but still I can't go.. I need to let go of Hizashi Yamada. I'm not him anymore, as much as I feel like it at times like these. He's dead, I'm Present Mic. I'm- I'm not going, I don't even think I'd feel closure after knowing what really happened to him..

Everything about this is fucked. Why can't I move on? I feel like I'm repeating myself!! Ugh.. I got up and walked back to the planning room where Forest sat. "Mic!" I sat down on the chair next to her. "I'm sorry I threw up.." someone cleaned it up, gross. "It's fine, I felt like I was going too. I'm sorry about everything, is there a reason you came back here?" ... "do you think he'll go back for shota?" Why do I still care about him..

"I did a lot of research, it's hard to say he has a pattern. He has plans for sure and All For One makes sure they go right. He knows he can't get close to UA students right now. It's not a smart move, similar to why we haven't done a show. Though we're not as sick as he is. Anyways, he got a quirk, he didn't get what he wanted but he knows he has to deal with what he got. Sorry that sounds awful.. No I don't think they'll go after that eraser boy" I trust her.. she knows this kind of stuff.

"Okay.. thank you" before I could get up she put her hand on my shoulder. "You're not alone, you've heard that a lot. Here you know that true, I've gotten to know you more as you've been here. I trust you more now than I did a year ago, so please.. don't do anything stupid. There are some things we can't do, we all have things we wish we could do. People we wish we could kill but can't. We all know how cruel this world is Mic, you know how it is. I'm here if you want to talk but you should train with Sliver soon. She'll make you if you don't, it could help" she moved her hand and I got up.

"I trust you too and I'll talk to Sliver about it tomorrow" she smiled then I went back to my room. I should apologize about what I said to them but right now that's not what's bugging me.. the fact Shota needs to leave me alone. I bring him pain but I know that somewhere deep inside he still.. what does it matter? I need to let go, he's keeping the Hizashi in me alive, not like I'd admit that to anyone. It's not like I can kill him, the thought of it makes me sick.

I sighed. I need to get back on track with my goals, kill hero's who've hurt people. Kill Nerve. Thinking about that reminds me why I'm here. Why I chose not to look back, I need to grow up and stop looking back. I know Oboro believed in me but he's gone. I'm not the hero he thought I'd be.

Present mic is the name of a Villain.
No hero can change that.

1498 words