33

Chapter 33

"Answer me, Irene."

She was too stunned to speak. "I'm waiting."

She gasped for air. "N-No! T-that is not what I mean.. I-I.."

I bet she lost her words. She was too brave earlier. Now, where is it? Did it hide because she was too embarrassed? How pity of her.

The devil eyed me from his right side then continue to fry the speechless Irene. "What?"

"B-because I k-know you won't stoop for a girl like her. I-I know you, you won't fall for someone like her!" Just a little more and she will cry. "Why did you go with that girl?!"

Sunghoon's two eyebrows connected because of what Irene said. "We maybe dated but that doesn't mean you already know everything about me." He shook his head. "Maybe I was stupid for the part that I dated you for years."

Everyone in the room are surprised, even me. The pain of what he said, it's like I was hit by his words. It was like a knife sinking into my chest.

He glance at me. I noticed the little pain hidden in his orbs. Then, he walked out. I followed him with my eyes.

Why did he look at me with that?

Silence. A whole 5 seconds full of nothing but silence. When he left, I was left with the curiosity to know what really happened to them before? Why is the devil's last look at me like that?

After that he was followed by Sunoo, Niki and the Aussie guy, Jake. The rest remained in their place. I don't know why. They all looked worried. I don't know but I feel the same way. Should I be concerned for myself? I have been affected too much.

Irene's eyes darkened at me, "you! This is all your fault, you bitch!"

Because of what she said, I woke up to reality again. "Really? You rushed here first and talk nonsense, truthless accusations." I smirked. "Oh, wait. I realized something!" I gasped exaggeratedly. Gaining all of their curiosity.

They turn all their gazes on me. Waiting for whatever my mouth will say. It was like a sudden spotlight hit me in the middle of this cafeteria. I'm low-key liking this.

I even made my eyes widened, pretend to be surprised, "or maybe! You're making this nonsense talk, a scandalous one, and making me as a suspect in a baseless crime.. it's because you're.." I arched my eyebrow, "jealous?" I covered my mouth with my right hand. "Aren't you, sweetie?"

Her lips twitched, "h-how dare you!"

"What?" I widened my eyes more in front of her, "Why do you look so angry? I'm just getting started. Am I already stating the facts?" I smile sweetly, "you have no thrill, girl."

She seems to have been hit hard with what I said. She could hardly speak. "Y-you now what? You will pay for it!"

"Sure, I'll wait." I smiled without showing my teeth.

She gave me a dark glare before walking towards the exit. Her two companions were also idiots. I didn't even hear them speak or accompany Irene in her nonsense talk.

I'm just chill on the outside but inside, I'm thinking about how she will take revenge. And I feel it's not good. What kind of revenge will she do to me? Will I be afraid of her threat?

I came back to reality again after I felt a hand engulfing my body. I would have pushed whoever it was if I hadn't heard Soohee's voice.

"Omg!" She yelled. "That was sooo cool!"

"Same old days. Nothing changes, huh. You really like to involve yourself in fights." Kai preached to me.

"Hey, just now again! You are being oppressed, will you still be a loser? Of course no! You also need to fight so that you are not the only one who looks miserable." I wiggled my eyebrows as I tried to suppressed my laugh. I just can't, I burst out laughing with Soohee.

"That's my best friend. Don't be bullied!" Soohee gave me a high five before looking at Kai at the same time.

"She's right, bro." Beomgyu suddenly said. I almost jumped in shock.

Taehyun nodded at what Beomgyu said before putting his arms around Bumgyu. Oh, I smell something fishy. They look good together, though.

I noticed that the people who were around us earlier were gone and they had gone back to their own world. But I heard the crowd talking about what happened earlier.

"Nice show. We'll going first." Soobin waved his hands on us before walking away with Yeonjun on his side.

"Looks like you'll be the third wheel in your group." I whispered to Kai while waving back.

"Huh?" He didn't seem to hear what I just said. I didn't make myself repeat and just chose to give him a meaningful smile.

While there was still time, Soohee and I left the cafeteria. I heard the noise of people when we passed. I heard different comments about everything that happened between Irene and I earlier. It seems that they were more satisfied with the gossip than they were with the food.

As we walked back to the room, the face of the class president greeted us. It stopped when Soohee and I were passing by with a serious look.

"Ugh, excuse?" I don't know what to say. He was blocking our path.

"Can I spare a minute or two from you? If you don't mind." He asked, eyes directly looking at me. He even fixed his glass that was already in order. It hits the sunlight and it reflects.

"Me?" I needed to be sure. I even pointed myself.

"Yes."

Soohee look at us curiously. "Where are you taking this my best friend? And why won't I come? I should be with—"

"We're going to discuss some important matters that doesn't concern you." He gave Soohee a cold look before smiling a little.

"I don't like him." Soohee whispered to me.

I almost rolled my eyes at what I heard. I just hope the person we're talking to didn't hear it.

"Fine. Where will we talk? Don't stay far away because I still have class." Nothing bad will happen if I come, right? Hope so.

"Follow me." He looked at me before turning his back on us. He started walking away from us.

Before I follow him, I told Soohee to go to the room first and wait for me there. "Be careful." I waved my hands at her before running where our class president was walking in.

Even though he thinks like that, I can't sense anything bad about him. He seems nice. Also, he is one of the enhypen members, it seems that what he will tell me something important. That we still have to go through two buildings before getting to one room.

I just got here. Is there something like this? It stands alone next to a big tree. We are close to the very back wall of the university.

He pressed a number on the button just to the side of the door. It rang, signaling that the door had been opened. He entered first, I hesitated whether to enter or not. It's too late.

"Are you going in or not?"

__
(A/N: 👀)