53

(A/N: Good morning!)

Chapter 53

Oh, my! This is too much for me to handle!

His eyebrows are raised while his gaze was deep. It's like I'm being captured by his gaze. It's like I did something wrong.

"Jang to the Won to the Young!" I can hear Soohee chanting some lines but that is not my focus right now.

In my front, there's a devil standing with a smirk painted on his face. I wanted to erased that expressions of his but how? I can't even find any words as if my tongue got cut off.

When he couldn't wait for my answer because I just stared at him, he sat in the chair opposite me. What the? Where's Soohee?!

Him sitting opposite to me with the food Soohee and I abandoned, this looks like a date— oh, no! You're crazy, Wonyoung! Stop imagining things!

"It's nice to see your face with that kind of hue. I don't want to assume but it looks like you like me or something. Nor you have something to tell, a secret maybe."

I feel the severe heat on my face, like I'm going to have a heart attack because of this man.

"Can't talk? Why? Are you scared of me or..?" He was still grinning.

Since when did this person become talkative?

"W-why do you k-keep hanging me with your words?" I suddenly asked him when I got the courage. It's true, he's been saying "or" since his arrival.

"Do you want to hear it then?"

"I..", I paused for a bit to think before answering, "yes."

_

"Where exactly are we going?"

I was not informed that the place where he will tell the next thing he said is still far away.

Here I am in a situation I never thought I would experience. Sunghoon held my left hand as he pulled me to a place that only he knew. Why did I answer "yes" when I have the right to say "no"?

He didn't even answer and took the familiar path. The break time is nearly over. Are we going to cut class?

Instead of wasting my patience and energy, I just watched what we were going through. I already have a hint where we are going. I have been here several times because of him.

Because of this man, I started to learn how to cutting class. What's next, Wonyoung?

When I heard the chirping of the birds and felt the wind blowing on the tree, the wind was also pleasant and comforting. That's when I knew we've already in our initial destination.

Soon I heard the gentle flow of water. As we got closer it got louder and louder.

This is exciting!

"Wow." That's all I said while watching the small waterfall. If before we only went below, now, right in front of the waterfall.

The sun light hits the crystal-like water of the waterfall which makes the place even more beautiful. It is also looks like a mysterious place because of the trees and thick grass surrounding it.

"Come here." I suddenly heard his voice.

When I look at him, he is already sitting inside an open, small hut. And where did it came from? I didn't notice since a while ago. Am I too much mesmerized with the view?

"Are you just going to stand there, letting the sun toasted you more? Or sit beside me and relax?" He asked seriously. What's with that face though?

Meh. He's right. I didn't notice the sun light is starting to burn my skin.

"Alright." I replied.

I began to go to him, carefully stepping on the smooth and rough rocks. When I was close to him, I suddenly stepped on something slimy and wet, which caused my fear as I started to fall and lose my balance.

I just waited for my fall on the hard and sharp rocks. But there is none. I felt my surroundings. It looks like I fell and touched a different rock. I can feel it holding its breath and fast heartbeat.

I open my eyes and the devil's face is what I saw the next thing. With his thick eyebrows and brown eyes hypnotizing mine. "Like the view, Miss?"

I immediately hit him and struggled to get away from him. "Be careful. You don't want anyone to get hurt, right?"

I just turned around and chose not to speak. I arranged a seat inside the hut. I wonder who built it here.

Maybe out of curiosity, I couldn't stop asking, "who built this?"

I heard him laugh a bit. What so funny?

"It's me." He said while grinning.

His face is fake, and so is his answer? Just kidding!

"Quit playing with me devil!"

"Who said I'm playing with you?"

"Because you are unbelievable."

He laughed again. This time, it's, somehow, genuine. "You don't believe me? Aw. Why do you trust me though?"

"Trust? Ha, since when?" I asked.

"Isn't it obvious? You are not going around with me if you didn't. Also, It's just the two of us here. You're a girl, I'm a boy. Something bad could happen to you but follow and come anyway."

I thought about what he said. He was right again. Why is it that every time he asks, I always go with him? Am I that easy to follow? I'm not like this before.

"Maybe you won't put me in harm's way?"

"You've trusted me too much to the point I'm being addicted going with you somewhere only we know."

I am going to be deaf to what he was saying. It was accompanied by a strong beating of my heart. He suddenly brought his face closer, a few inches to mine. The earlier eye-to-eye contact was not even broken. We've been staring at each other for a while. The wind changed. Suddenly my breathing became heavy because of his sudden closeness.

I gasped when he touched my jaw, up my cheek while still looking at me. I can not move. I just closed my eyes when I felt his hand trailing down my cheek to my jaw. It's like he's avoiding landing his hands on my lips.

"How can you be so sure that I won't do anything bad to you?" He said in a whisper.