45

(A/N: Oiiii help me! I'm done with my Poem Contest and the winner is not yet revealed asdfghjkl.)

Chapter 45

I nearly got up on my seat and choked him to his death. But of course, I didn't do that. I still love my precious life.

Again, one last time, "can you now tell me why are you summoned here? Like literally on my table."

Sunoo smiled but didn't answered.

"Niki?" I glance at Niki with my wide, persuading eyes. Convincing him to at least tell me the reason.

He looked at his hyungs first before open his mouth to talk, "we are gathered here to discuss things."

Discuss things? Really? In front of me?

"Can I asked what kind of things and why here?"

Niki sighed, "uh... Because there is no available table anymore?"

Is that it? You must have been kidding me!

I looked around only to noticed those few empty tables not far from here. "Really?" I said, not amazed on what's happening.

"Stop talking and just listen, will you?" Sunghoon said. I open my mouth to talk but he immediately stuff me a chicken drumsticks.

I swear, this man is came straight from bellow!

Instead of arguing more, I just munch the chicken with all my might. The bones and meat  are nearly stuck in between my teeth!

"Alright." Jungwon stand and face everyone. All their heads turn on him, waiting for whatever he will say. "The contest are coming near and we needed to get to the top since the seniors are now retired?.. I mean, they aren't joining anymore."

I don't know what he is talking about but I have a hint it is about the poster I saw earlier at the gate.

"We will discuss here the time of the practice and who's going to handle our schedule. To remind us everyday." Then, he eyed on me.

"Contest will start on September. Since, we doesn't have the same schedule of class and the same level of grade, our manager and I will decide how will we gonna fixed that. For the meantime, we will have a practice later at 5 sharp in the afternoon."

Sunghoon suddenly rose up from his seat, stealing the spotlight, "and I have a proposal for Ms. Jang here."

"Eh?" I asked with disbelief. "What proposal? And why I am even included in your meeting?"

He rolled his eyes on me, "you're going to be my secretary, whether you like it or not."

"What—"

"And also, you'll gonna be our new manager. You will be the one who will manage our schedule and whatsoever we needed."

"But—"

"Since, you're turning 18 this end of the month, there is no more reasons or restrictions for you being my secretary."

"But I didn't even agree—"

"Yeah, she's fine with it." Then, he seated down.

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN LET ME FINISH MY SENTENCES!" I yelled at him. I guess I'm too loud, enough to gain the attention of the students here in the cafeteria. Ops?

I'm annoyed and done with this happenings.

"I don't care." He said while smirking. Someday, I will erased that expression of his!

"Come on, Wonyoung. Sunghoon will take care of you well." Niki meddled while smiling innocently. I don't like that kind of smile.

"I'm not believing any words coming from you. I will not gonna do it!" I grab my things and ready to stand up when Heesung made me seated again.

"You will gonna love the benefits." He whispered at me. It felt like the devil is whispering on my conscience.

"You'll gonna be our manager. You won't do anything hard like solving some math." Niki said, trying to convince me with his words.

"Fine." One word but it made them sighed in relief. "But why me?"

They all shrugged and the real devil is smirking on the side. "What? Aren't you gonna answer me?"

"Well." The leader sipped his tea, "we saw some potential that made you on the list."

"What potential?" I asked, curiously.

"First," the devil stand up and walk towards me slowly. What is he doing? "you tend to force people. You like to follow people around. You're a little bit serious in class. A bit brainless but still, not useless."

Did he just indirectly insult me? Wow. This man is really annoying.

He walk even more closer to me, "and of course." His breath brushes against my ear. "I know you will love the benefits."

"Stop." I pushed him to move his face away. It moved away and grinned. I will really erase that face, I swear!

Others laughed because of what they saw. "Why don't you just get married?" Niki grinned so I threw a plastic bottle at him. He was lucky because I threw an empty one.

"Okay." Jungwon cleared his throat. "Let's go back to the topic." He silence the others and everyone obliged quickly.

Wow. Just wow. Did he aware of the power he hold? He is really the leader.

"We're now settled. Ms. Jang here will going to be our new manager. Any more questions?"

"Wait— hmmp!" Heesung immediately put his palm on my mouth, silencing me. I glared at him but he shook his head.

"I guess, none. You can now eat in peace."

As if I will be eating at peace here. I grab one of the milk tea and excuse myself to go now. I felt suffocated in there. Students are glaring at me while the devil is grinning across the table. How can I breath properly there?

"Wonyoung, where you going?!" I heard Niki yelled.

"To the place where none of you is there." I yelled back while waving my hand.

I poke the milk tea using the plastic straw and have a sip. I'm on my way to our Soohee's hidden place. The feeling of loneliness is coming back again. I really need to visit and make sure she is okay later. Maybe after their practice. Do I really need to watch them? Why do they even chose me out of all people?!

"Well, well, well. Girls, look who's here?" I stopped when I heard someone talk behind me. Her voice seems familiar, I think I heard it somewhere—

I turned my back to see who it is. "Hello, Wonyoung."

I stepped back when I noticed their smirked faces. She is with two new girls. I wonder where is her two old best friends she's with when that little commotion happened and that always accompany her.

"What do you need... Irene?"

"Are you done flirting with the TXT gang that you are now using Enhypen as your substitute?"

What the fuck is she saying?

I looked at her with a disgust face. "I don't know what's gotten on your mind that makes you think of that. My gosh, you're crazy!"

The two girls beside her laugh. She immediately shush them, hitting them in their arms. "Yah! Stop laughing, it's not even funny. Duh?"

"Looks like your minions are laughing at the insult." It's time for me to have my smirk. Payback time!

"Ugh, nevermind! Let's go girls!" She immediately walk out with her two laughing best friends, if she considered them as one.

"What a waste of time." I whispered as I go on to my final destination.