Part 6 - the man with the plan

Cuphead and Mugman where sat on the single couch while Elder Kettle paced back and forth. Cuphead had to explain everything since Mugman simply refused to speak.

They all sat in silence as they where thinking of ways to sneak Dice out of the casino. They all knew that Dice was held at the casino against his will, so they had to take him out!

"I know! We can kidnap him!"

"NO!"

Elder Kettle and both Mugman thought that was a terrible idea and they would be putting their lives on the line. Mugman then piped up.

"I know! Maybe we can just convince him a ton!"

Elder Kettle nodded in agreement while Cuphead groaned since he wasn't going to get to act like his hero 'Dirk Dangerous'.

(Even though I'm sure he wouldn't kidnap someone😂)

The three went back to the casino in the day time because they where sure it would be less busy like last time. They all walked in me where happy to see that Dice was sat at the bar drinking and talking with Wheezy.

"Watch this!"

Mugman said with full confidence as he strutted over to the bar and then proceeded to tap Dice on the back. Dice turned around and almost spit out his drink when he saw Mugman. Wheezy raised an eyebrow.

"Somethin' wrong talk stack?"

"No! No! Everything's ok! Just uh...give me a second!"

Dice grabbed Mugman and then dragged him over to a corner.

"What're you doin here?!"

"We want you to come home Mr Dice!"

"I can't go home! The Devil has my soul contract and if I leave he'll make my life a empty hell!"

Mugman stared at Dice with a worried look, he missed his friend but he didn't want Dice to feel practically nothing for the rest of his life. Dice did know that Mugman had his soft spots for people, Mugman wasn't always the most toughest person.

"Look, I do miss you guys, but I also care about you. I wanted you guys to be safe so that's why I took the deal. Please just, go.."

Mugman nodded and walked off, leaving Dice to walk back to the bar.

"Mugsy! What did he say?! Where is he?!"

Mugman didn't even look at Cuphead and Elder Kettle. He couldn't bring himself to tell them the truth, but he knew that if he didn't he would never hear the end of it.

"He said he took the deal to keep us safe. We have to let him stay."

"WHAT?!"

Cuphead and Elder Kettle both yelled out in unison.

"Are you insane?! The Devil has his soul we have to bring him ba-"

"Cuphead. Look at Dice. Does he seem stressed? Is he hurt? Is he trying with his last dying breath to come with us?"

Cuphead didn't reply, he couldn't. Mugman did have a point, Dice didn't seem to be sad. In fact he seemed happier now than what he ever was. Dice repeated the same thing for as long as he could remember, 'name that tune', 'trivia question, 'roll the dice', exactly in that order.

Cuphead, Mugman and Elder Kettle took one last look at Dice before leaving the casino. At the sound of the casino doors creaking it became official, Cuphead and Mugman where never going to see their best friend again.