Part 14 - Ending?

The rain was pouring down as Mugman stood in the fog, alone. He was waiting for Dice and Cuphead to arrive, Mugman could already hear the attack of question after question.

The sound of a rusty gate creaking open broke the silence, followed by the die man and Cuphead walking in with slow and steady steps. Even though he heard them Mugman refused to look up and only listed to their voices.

"Hey Mugsy, how you feelin'?

Mugman didn't reply and just shrugged with a "humph...".

Dice and Cuphead turned to each other with sorrow filled eyes. Then Mugman finally spoke with a gentle smile.

"Let's lighten up the mood a bit. Dice, how is the stage coming along? The one for your new show."

"It's going fine, we actually finished yesterday, Wheezy was fired obviously so me and Pirouletta had to finish it by our selves."

"Hm, and I hear you and the Devil got engaged."

"Yes, but that was before we even started building the new stage, people are only just finding out about it now."

"Good for you.."

Mugman frowned and Cuphead head sighed, the Cuphead turned to his brother.

"You know it wasn't your fault Mugsy, please stop acting like it is..."

Mugman started to tear up and Cuphead finished his sentence.

"I had the gun Cuphead, I just wish I got it a bit earlier..."